GEN 2 Burger Motorsports JB4 tuner install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VegasG17

Reaction score
I installed one recently with the help of a friend whose car savvy. It’s was fairly easy. Noticeable improvement gains. The Bluetooth hook up is nice.

I had some engine light issues. I had a pedal commander installed as well which may have been causing the bulk of the engine light problems as the codes indicated a throttle problem. I’ve removed the pedal commander and only had one wrench warning since which went away with an engine restart.

Customer service was extremely responsive and helpful from burger.

So overall it does definitely improve performance to my satisfaction. Burger customer service is great. I can’t say for certain whether or not it may have a kink or two to iron out.

Dane, have you had any other issues? Are you still happy with your purchase?

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of these on my BMW 1 series. If I were to translate the difference vs Stock I’d say I would get more from a pedal commander dumping more gas on the fire.

Truck is fast enough w PC. Also I’m doubtful much can be gained from simple piggy back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you don't have your JB4 set up correctly on your E82, or perhaps only use map 1 (which is just 2 psi difference)- a stock N54 or N55 with a JB4 picks up about 60+ hp, and that's noticeable on your car. Pedal commander doesn't add any boost, it just makes the throttle more sensitive.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E82 jb3 which is closer to the one being discussed here no?

It’s slightly noticeable but barely. Mainly when I’m on the track.

Edit I’m wrong JB4 same concept here. More involved why I didn’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the jb4 on my n54 335i. Night and day difference especially with bolt ons. Stock was 260whp, after some bolt ons and more boost ~500whp on the same dyno. Jb4 turned the boost up from around 8psi to ~20. I’m sure the difference will be quite noticeable on the raptor as well especially when paired with upgraded turbos.