Built motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Foutz ran the entire baja1000 in a gen2 with the rear dif locked. in all reality, the strength or weakness of the rear axle is 100% dependent on the skills of the driver in these things.

The other option is to throw a currie rear end into the trucks, but if you do that, all of the whiz-bang electronic gizmos stop working, including the 4x4 Auto functionality.

I thought he ran both in Baja 4H and 2H...did he have a way to lock it in 2h?

Besides, running diff locked offroad isn't like running it onroad...that's where the damage is done

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I thought he ran both in Baja 4H and 2H...did he have a way to lock it in 2h?

Besides, running diff locked offroad isn't like running it onroad...that's where the damage is done

yes. the truck was modified with a differential lock switch from what I've been told. I had a rather lengthy conversation with John at the raptor assault about it. I'd trust his commentary as everything else that we chatted about privately ( with regards to raptors, including 2019 features) has played out precisely as he described.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes. the truck was modified with a differential lock switch from what I've been told. I had a rather lengthy conversation with John at the raptor assault about it. I'd trust his commentary as everything else that we chatted about privately ( with regards to raptors, including 2019 features) has played out precisely as he described.

Gotcha. I chatted him up too; that's where I learned they ran Baja the entire time. Didn't know about the locker tho. Any other notes, other than the suspension modifications?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Gotcha. I chatted him up too; that's where I learned they ran Baja the entire time. Didn't know about the locker tho. Any other notes, other than the suspension modifications?

Other than them using some of the slick "trophy truck team" racing tricks, not a ton. ( I can't give the secrets away, sorry!)

I will say that I am running all foutz skidplates ( aside from an RCI gas tank skid bc foutz wasnt making them at the time) and I had never purchased skidplates that fit better. these are the skids that ran on the baja1000 raptor.)

They even got the SVC baja bumper to engine skid gap PERFECT ( think 1/8" gap) without seeing a pic of my truck. I could not be happier with the Foutz bits. In all honesty, if you want to know who did all the damn suspension design for the infamous deberti raptor, It was Foutz. They are super responsive and professional. Give them a call! I am sure they'll be happy to fill you in on what they'd recommend for hard use.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other than them using some of the slick "trophy truck team" racing tricks, not a ton. ( I can't give the secrets away, sorry!)

I will say that I am running all foutz skidplates ( aside from an RCI gas tank skid bc foutz wasnt making them at the time) and I had never purchased skidplates that fit better. these are the skids that ran on the baja1000 raptor.)

They even got the SVC baja bumper to engine skid gap PERFECT ( think 1/8" gap) without seeing a pic of my truck. I could not be happier with the Foutz bits. In all honesty, if you want to know who did all the damn suspension design for the infamous deberti raptor, It was Foutz. They are super responsive and professional. Give them a call! I am sure they'll be happy to fill you in on what they'd recommend for hard use.

I've been meaning to buy their cam kit for awhile now, just haven't done it yet

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The motor is torn down and being cleaned and machined. The blasting media pushed past the rings and made it all the way into the oil pan. Hell it was everywhere in the motor. Going closed deck on the block with forged rods and pistons made to the RMB custom spec. Leaving the heads stock and upgrading to the 2018 turbos. The bottom end should be super bullet proof for my power requirements. The bottom end should be good for over 1000whp according to RMB.

2018-12-18.jpg

2018-12-18 (2).jpg

2018-12-18 (1).jpg

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that shit is everywhere! Looks like it got past the rings how do the heads and valves look?

What’s different about the 2018 turbos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

757Nomad

Reaction score
Those skirts almost look like a whiz wheel got to them. Jeez that stuff is abrasive. It's interesting that the blasting material made it past the rings but then again I suppose they are not designed to stop material. The build is looking like it will be dead nuts reliable. Very cool.

Crack85

Reaction score

LoL @Deberti. I watched that series and within minutes figured out they didn't manufacture that kit in house. Foutz stuff is rad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk