Built motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone build a motor yet with forged rods and pistons? I understand they are the weak link currently.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have talked to him. Super knowledgeable guy. I know he has build lots but I have not seen anyone that has put them into a truck.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, after following him on Instagram, has anyone been quoted prices? You will need turbos from full race, ballpark i see over 20k after its all done.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, after following him on Instagram, has anyone been quoted prices? You will need turbos from full race, ballpark i see over 20k after its all done.

Yikes!

Curious as well and what the numbers look like. Who is tuning and supporting these builds...

I haven’t seen a single person say they have one but it sure appears they are out in the wild...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my motor is out and in route to RBM for forged rods and pistons along with a complete refresh. I might close the deck while its there for cylinder support. Not sure what I will do on the turbos yet but I dont need 800hp. I would be more than happy with 600 super reliable HP.

download_20181129_150113.jpg

download_20181129_150120.jpg

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s flippin awesome, excited to hear your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
That is sweet! Hope to hear more. Does the cab have to come off like the super duty’s