Built motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really didnt expect it to make it past the rings as it was only run for a hour max. It that time it was not drive more than up my street over 35mph. The heads had some material in them and it hurt the cams and crank a little. Not to the point they could not be repaired but they are so cheap I just went ahead and replaced both with OEM parts. This motor will be a hand build balanced motor vs the factory assembly line motor. Im very interested to see if it runs smoother or makes anymore power than a stock short block.

So on the 2018 turbos im told the castings are a little better and they made some improvements to the compressor wheel. Im being told it should be good for another 50hp or so over the 17 turbos. We will see.

hwyman103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m following your engine builder on Insta,...you’re in good hands. Those guys know what they’re doing. Some innovative bits as well...

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Siiiiick!!!!! Love his insta posts Raptor ****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Ryan really knows his stuff. My build will not be at extreme as a lot of his builds more for maximum reliability while making a little more power than stock. The motor should be good for far larger turbos in the future should I decide to go that direction down the road.

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are rods he had custom built. I believe they are saenz rods.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interested to hear your total experience when all is said and done, including not only workmanship and performance, but also the overall RMB customer experience including communication and timely delivery, etc.

Also really interested to hear when you finally decide to bolt on the big snails.