Built motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Well my motor is out and in route to RBM for forged rods and pistons along with a complete refresh. I might close the deck while its there for cylinder support. Not sure what I will do on the turbos yet but I dont need 800hp. I would be more than happy with 600 super reliable HP.

View attachment 115969

View attachment 115970
Did you guys talk prices yet? I’m wondering how manny body parts I need to sell! I expect about $15,000-$20,000....

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing? What happened to the days when an engine was pulled out through the hood? :cool:

Thats the way my guy preferred to do I and honestly it looks like it was easiest. Also avoids any issues lining body panels back up.

I have a ball park price but not exact as he just got the engine and still needs to torn down. Im not sure if I will upgrade the turbos yet or wait until more options are available. Either way the engine will be bullet proof for if I want to do and build better than the stock engine for sure. Ryan seems super meticulous and his communication is top notch. The plan right now is forged pistons and rods, upgraded bearings and a complete refresh of the heads. Im might close the deck while its there but its not 100% necessary for the power im looking for. Im not going to port the heads or go with over sized valves. I have owned a 1000whp car and have no desire to ever own another one. If I make 600hp 600ft lbs at the crank I will be more than happy. I just want it to be reliable as stock. I started an instagram to document this build if you want to follow. I will be posting pictures of the tear down. @rr_raptor

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Thats the way my guy preferred to do I and honestly it looks like it was easiest. Also avoids any issues lining body panels back up.

I have a ball park price but not exact as he just got the engine and still needs to torn down. Im not sure if I will upgrade the turbos yet or wait until more options are available. Either way the engine will be bullet proof for if I want to do and build better than the stock engine for sure. Ryan seems super meticulous and his communication is top notch. The plan right now is forged pistons and rods, upgraded bearings and a complete refresh of the heads. Im might close the deck while its there but its not 100% necessary for the power im looking for. Im not going to port the heads or go with over sized valves. I have owned a 1000whp car and have no desire to ever own another one. If I make 600hp 600ft lbs at the crank I will be more than happy. I just want it to be reliable as stock. I started an instagram to document this build if you want to follow. I will be posting pictures of the tear down. @rr_raptor

Did you have a problem with the stock motor or just decided to build it?
What was the ball park quote?

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short I had my intercooler coated black and it ended up with a ton of blasting media in it which in turn ended up in the engine. The price really depends on how far you want to go. He said his average build is $15k but Im sure it can go higher if you went crazy with cams and porting. Hes reusing my long block vs buying a new one from ford.

Last edited:

Crack85

Reaction score
I spoke to Ryan and he told me about you. Shit luck can't wait to see the finished build. I'm considering pulling the trigger one as well.
Long story short I had my intercooler coated black and it ended up with a ton of blasting media in it which in turn ended up in the engine. The price really depends on how far you want to go. Forged rods and pistons with a full refresh could be as low as $8500 and he said his average build is $15k but Im sure it can go higher if you went crazy with cams and porting. Hes reusing my long block vs buying a new one from ford.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
600 crank hp? Im pretty sure the stock engine can do that no problems, with your build 600 Whp is going to be nothing

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
600 crank hp? Im pretty sure the stock engine can do that no problems, with your build 600 Whp is going to be nothing

Im sure it can but probably not at stock reliability. I want this to be equal or better than stock reliability. From what Im hearing the torque is the real killer of the bottom end on these motors. Forged rods and pistons should resolve that.