Broken in last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here I am in San Antonio and spent the night last night just to wake up and notice that my Ford pass had a "door opened" alarm message. Go out to the truck, and yep, it was broken into. I'm just surprised as to how little damage there was and how easy it looks it is to break into the truck. Doesn't even look like it would be worth claiming the damage on the insurance. anyone have the same happen to them? Looks like pulling the door handles and shoving a screw driver behind the cylinder and popping it back unlocks it.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a bummer man and I’m glad it doesn’t appear to have caused much damage. It hasn’t happened to me with my raptor but I never have anything valuable to steal other than the actual vehicle so that probably mitigates opportunities. Biggest fear when first purchasing it and driving back home was the shady parking lot the hotel I was staying at had, also in Texas and the relief when the truck was unmolested in the morning. Not a helpful post on my part but I feel for you

OP
OP
D

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20200907_120326.jpg
That’s a bummer man and I’m glad it doesn’t appear to have caused much damage. It hasn’t happened to me with my raptor but I never have anything valuable to steal other than the actual vehicle so that probably mitigates opportunities. Biggest fear when first purchasing it and driving back home was the shady parking lot the hotel I was staying at had, also in Texas and the relief when the truck was unmolested in the morning. Not a helpful post on my part but I feel for you

OP
OP
D

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is, it was just outside of the main doors. You can't see the truck from inside but they would have definitely have heard the alarm. Of course, I don't expect them to go out and check on it, but you would think that the thieves would at least try and stay away from front doors. They must know that they won't even check so they don't worry about anyone going to question them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats why I never leave even an empty water bottle in view in my vehicles. keep them spotless and lock all the consoles. Did you have anything laying around, or do you think this was just random. I learned a long time ago when my van got stolen and lost a lot of personal items, not to keep anything of value inside unless I'm parked in my garage. Sucks that it happened to you, damn I hate crooks and thieves.

OP
OP
D

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why I never leave even an empty water bottle in view in my vehicles. keep them spotless and lock all the consoles. Did you have anything laying around, or do you think this was just random. I learned a long time ago when my van got stolen and lost a lot of personal items, not to keep anything of value inside unless I'm parked in my garage. Sucks that it happened to you, damn I hate crooks and thieves.
May have been random. They just saw a nice truck and thought something good was inside. All they got were two Bluetooth headphones and a bag of dirty Clothes. Didn't take the two sets of Oakley glasses or my wife's Ray-Bans.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good to see that it looks like Ford still has not rectified their easy entry theft points that have plagued them since 1998.

Sorry your truck got broken into.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happened to you, that really sucks. My buddy had his car smashed into in NYC for a box of face masks that he had on his seat. He didn't even give a thought to them being there, he had just picked them up at one of his customers. :893Chainsaw-Smilie- Plenty of pieces of shit out there.
@Oldfart only has to worry about people trying to break out of his car.