Broken in last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the spot trace and the stock ford tracking built into the app.

The issue with them both is they aren’t live, so I would keep getting 5 minute updates and had to guess where the guy was headed. Didn’t take too long and he drove right by me.

Turned out he stole it because he just wanted to drive a raptor. He didn’t beat on it or do any damage at all. I got lucky.

—john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He saved my life once allready by waking me up when I was sleeping and charging battery’s started smoking....from that day on I keep him with me just about 24x7!

He got a steak the night he got the guy trying to steal his house (my Raptor).

—john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pics of the dog or we’re calling it a prius. Or miniature poodle.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happened to you, that really sucks. My buddy had his car smashed into in NYC for a box of face masks that he had on his seat. He didn't even give a thought to them being there, he had just picked them up at one of his customers. :893Chainsaw-Smilie- Plenty of pieces of shit out there.

Masks? Imagine if it was toilet paper.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue, broken into twice in three months. The first time was a broken window, second was the door handle. The door handle is a much more expensive fix than the window.

I changed the driver's side door handle to one from the passenger side without a lock. They can still break a window, but the lock cylinder trick won't work.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately alarms arent as useful as they used to be. people hear it and think nothing of it. they wont even bother to stop their conversation. one of the reasons i have a train horn on my truck is that its tied into my alarm system. set of the alarm and the train horn goes off. with 10 gallons of air, it will make noise long enough for the thief to shit his pants. i was in a store and some guy hit my truck while parking. everyone near the store entrance were looking around wondering where this insanely loud horn was coming from. they saw me coming out to my truck where i saw the guy who hit me. i confronted him about it and the idiot said he didnt know he hit my truck. luckily he hit my tire since it was slightly turned right and sticking out an inch or two from the fender and running boards. but it got the attention of everyone in the parking lot and in the store. also, i have the viper smart start gps unit. with the viper app, it gives map location, gps coordinance, speed, heading, and being able to refresh it as many times as i want. heres a snap shot of what the viper looks like. this is just the map info.

Screenshot_20200907-174745.jpg

OP
OP
D

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue, broken into twice in three months. The first time was a broken window, second was the door handle. The door handle is a much more expensive fix than the window.

I changed the driver's side door handle to one from the passenger side without a lock. They can still break a window, but the lock cylinder trick won't work.
That's what I am going to do. Just ordered one online and once I get it in I'm going to get it painted to match the truck. As has been said before, they could still break the window but at least they won't be able to break in using the shity design of the truck locking system.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer - The door handle seems to the the weak spot - I saw somewhere there is a kit to reinforce that so would be thiefs can’t gain access through the handle - my fear would be they’d get pissed and smash something else.
Why people can’t respect other’s property. I cover north Texas for work and traverse from Austin to Midland to Amarillo and east to Longview - now I’m going to worry about the truck being broken into if and when things get to normal.

Sorry for you!

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer - The door handle seems to the the weak spot - I saw somewhere there is a kit to reinforce that so would be thiefs can’t gain access through the handle - my fear would be they’d get pissed and smash something else.
Why people can’t respect other’s property. I cover north Texas for work and traverse from Austin to Midland to Amarillo and east to Longview - now I’m going to worry about the truck being broken into if and when things get to normal.

Sorry for you!

https://jimmijammer.com/JJ description, 113700.html

$75 for the front doors on Amazon, I think $60 for the rears on a Screw. I’ll probably purchase a set for my Scab. I like the passenger side handle idea, but my experience is it’s hard to get aftermarket paint to hold up well on pieces like that.