Broken GPS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, so one day i went to meet a friend and used my GPS just fine, but it was kinda a cold day, and i had my climate control set kinda low so the heat didnt really turn on, and then i noticed condensation in the GPS screen. Cranked the heat and it went away.... i knew that wasnt right, but didnt bother with it too much, GPS worked fine on the way home. Several days later heading up to my sisters and thats when i noticed it was showing me being about 30 feet off the road and an icon saying no GPS.... since then its just gotten worse, in my driveway its saying im up near Rockford IL, for ***** and giggles i put in an adress and it looked like it was showing the route fine, but the map is still all messed up, and still says no GPS.

Ive tried pulling the fuse, and disconnected the positive terminal on the battery for a minute, and its still going right back to where it was and wrong.... any other suggestions? or should i just bring it to the dealer (extended warranty)?

thanks for any help!

OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, i havent seen any condensation since, but once its there, the damage has been done.... i was hoping tho.... ill make an appointment after the holidays i guess.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, i havent seen any condensation since, but once its there, the damage has been done.... i was hoping tho.... ill make an appointment after the holidays i guess.

That's a wise next step, JuggNuttz. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal

OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a wise next step, JuggNuttz. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal

i kinda hate to admit it around here, but just over 15k.... i do have a 7 year 70k ford care extended warranty. ill get the max ac button fixed too.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i kinda hate to admit it around here, but just over 15k.... i do have a 7 year 70k ford care extended warranty. ill get the max ac button fixed too.

Thanks for the quick reply, JuggNuttz. Come back and tell us how things go at your appointment. I'll continue to keep an eye on this thread to see when you have any news.

Crystal