Break-ins through door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question as I might have missed it when reading thru all 12 pages. I get how thieves are getting into the trucks (glass break, door lock, etc) but how are they starting them without the key to steal?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the scumbag thief (especially the professional that is trying to steal the Raptor) can't operate discretely from the very beginning, in almost all cases, they'll move on. That said, the professionals are getting into the vehicle by hovering, scouting and stealing remote codes, and then later unlocking the vehicle with what the truck believes is from the owner's remote, so in that case the alarm does not sound. That's where the Ravelco comes in.

Maybe a stupid question as I might have missed it when reading thru all 12 pages. I get how thieves are getting into the trucks (glass break, door lock, etc) but how are they starting them without the key to steal?
See excerpt above posted by @GLT. Spit-balling here but guessing this same "sophisticated" device could be used to start these trucks.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See excerpt above posted by @GLT. Spit-balling here but guessing this same "sophisticated" device could be used to start these trucks.

Once they get inside, they are programming a blank key fob. I don't know what type of nefarious device(s) they are using to program a fob.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ravelco is your best option. There is no way to bypass it without the fob. It is not a bad idea to have an aftermarket tracker in the truck, but I think most thieves once they realize the vehicle has a Ravelco… will just **** off because they know they are not going to be able to steal it.
So it's not like those old alarm systems from the 90s with a "kill switch" that is bypassed by simply ripping all the wires out?

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this by email from advrider (bikers of similar disposition to the Raptor crowd )

That’s not a bad deal, 40 bucks / year to renew, a buck 60 for a 2 year plan.
cheaper than the spot tracker...
I've been using the Invoxia on my current road trip. It signals me when my wife climbs in while I'm removing The Club from my steering wheel. It may not prevent someone from stealing the Raptor, but I'll know when someone climbs in, which could give me a chance to stop them.

Plus, you can change the setting via the app to better track the movement. I'm also using a faraday bag as soon as I park with front wheels turned...lol. I use the keypad to lock it. The Invoxia has given me some peace at night, but I'm looking forward to having it back in my garage soon...lol.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's not like those old alarm systems from the 90s with a "kill switch" that is bypassed by simply ripping all the wires out?
no, then you would have a 5,740 lbs paper weight. It won’t move if anyone just rips the wires apart.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so much for Ravelco:

I'm not convinced about that video just yet. He's already got the car ignition turned on and while the overpriced kill switch is simplistic it will still slow even the best thieves down some. Each vehicle is wired differently also so you have some troubleshooting to do on the spot. Can it be bypassed, I'm sure it can but its going to take a few minutes longer. Something is better than nothing.