Break-ins through door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 F150s, and on my last one, I had someone try to punch out the cylinder on the drivers side door handle. They must have been inexperienced because they never got in, but the damage was done nonetheless. Curious if anyone has done anything on these Gen 3s to stop that. I am familiar with replacing the drivers door handle using a passenger door handle, or even the steel plates from a company called Jimmijammer. I've also hear of protecting the horn wires with reinforced looming of some sort.

Has anyone done this on their Gen 3 yet?

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stack nylon washers held with snap ring. Will not completely stop them but it will frustrate them and buy some time.

Whoever designed these door looks is an idiot savant. Pathetic. BS carried over from Gen 2s.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 F150s, and on my last one, I had someone try to punch out the cylinder on the drivers side door handle. They must have been inexperienced because they never got in, but the damage was done nonetheless. Curious if anyone has done anything on these Gen 3s to stop that. I am familiar with replacing the drivers door handle using a passenger door handle, or even the steel plates from a company called Jimmijammer. I've also hear of protecting the horn wires with reinforced looming of some sort.

My truck isn't here yet like the rest of us but on all my previous trucks I've always removed the driver door handle & key cylinder and replaced with another blank door handle.

For the raptor, I've ordered a passenger front door handle which has the smart access button on the door handle. Just received the part this morning, and at first glance, the door lock button on the passenger handle will be upside down once transferred over to the drivers side. Will try to flip the button later tonight or transfer the driver door access button to the new passenger door handle during installation. I also noticed there is a plastic cylinder block plate that will also need to find the part number for. This will be needed once you remove the door cylinder for the drivers side. See pictures below

1643923259296.png
1643923425066.png

I'll update this and put something together will all the part numbers once I get it figured out.

Last edited:

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Protecting the horn wires is a good idea. They cut them before forcing entry into the drivers side door so there is no alarm sound. Not sure the best way to protect the wires though.

Last edited:

r8ders

Reaction score
My truck isn't here yet like the rest of us but on all my previous trucks I've always removed the driver door handle & key cylinder and replaced with another blank door handle.

For the raptor, I've ordered a passenger front door handle which has the smart access button on the door handle. Just received the part this morning, and at first glance, the door lock button on the passenger handle will be upside down once transferred over to the drivers side. Will try to flip the button later tonight or transfer the driver door access button to the new passenger door handle during installation. I also noticed there is a plastic cylinder block plate that will also need to find the part number for. This will be needed once you remove the door cylinder for the drivers side. See pictures below

EDIT: Can confirm the driver door Smart access button will need to be swapped over on the passenger door handle.
View attachment 340562
View attachment 340563

I'll update this and put something together will all the part numbers once I get it figured out.
I noticed in the lower picture that there is a plastic/metal surround on the lock cylinder and was wondering if that is something you added or was that put on by Ford?
If it was a factory part I'm wondering if it could be put on the Gen 2 to prevent the plier/vice grip break in method.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed in the lower picture that there is a plastic/metal surround on the lock cylinder and was wondering if that is something you added or was that put on by Ford?
If it was a factory part I'm wondering if it could be put on the Gen 2 to prevent the plier/vice grip break in method.
Nothing added here. It came that way from the factory.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
You may also need to take an extra step to enable entrance into your vehicle should your battery die. I believe it's been mentioned before, maybe running some wires utilizing a 9V battery to enable unlocking the door.

Not sure, maybe others will chime in.

You may also want to check out the link posted below.

Anti Theft Security

Last edited: