Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry to hear but also props to you for not letting that get in the way of getting your raptor!! Also I don't see why you would be out your down payment. They should cover the entire loss minus a deductable.

Thanks man. I was saving for quite a while to get my 2019 so I wasn't about to wait another month and based on what I saw I don't think they will be able to recover the first truck. If they do, well I guess I will have a Raptor for sale in a few weeks.

Insurance as far as I know only pays out market value, which depreciates when you leave the lot. I don't know what they're gonna offer as market value but I can almost guarantee it won't cover the $75k truck, plus taxes and fees rolled into the loan. So I will be out some money even in the best case scenario.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m reading this correctly, there are 2 vulnerabilities they address, the door plate and the lock cap. The lock cap removes the driver’s door lock cylinder, which appears to be the weak point here, BUT... That appears to cost us the only keyed entry we have.
The main jimmi jammer product they sell is a plate which is mounted inside the door and provides some armour to the door lock mechanism to prevent intrusion and manipulation of the mechanism by a screw driver. That does nothing to restrict use of a keyed entry.

They have other products (punchplug and lockcap) that you can use to protect the key lock slot itself and at least one of those - the punchplug would eliminate the key lock entry, the other the lockcap wouldn't.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sucks to hear that, glad you were able to still find another one. I’d be ‘hot’ too if my new Raptor had been stolen but thankfully you and your wife were not hurt/threatened in the process. In regards to your comment...

“Call the cops, the cops take 3 hours to show up. Called 3 times and was told no officers were available each time. Thankfully I wasn't getting robbed or killed.”

Not uncommon in busy areas. Calls are prioritized in regards to urgency, which I’m sure you could figure out hence the 3 hour response time. If you were being robbed, battered etc. you’d have people dropping what they’re doing and hauling ass to you and your wife. If the ‘stolen’ had just happened/you watched it happen, they would have had them dropping what they were doing as well and coming your way. It’s just the way it goes sometimes and can suck for the person who’s waiting. The truck wasn’t going to get ‘anymore stolen’ than it already was so it wasn’t going to the top of the urgency list. Vehicles can be replaced, people can’t.

Enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Washington.

Oh nice man! You have a black Raptor? I'm pretty sure I've seen you around then. There's only a handful of Raptors around this area.

Sucks to hear that, glad you were able to still find another one. I’d be ‘hot’ too if my new Raptor had been stolen but thankfully you and your wife were not hurt/threatened in the process. In regards to your comment...

“Call the cops, the cops take 3 hours to show up. Called 3 times and was told no officers were available each time. Thankfully I wasn't getting robbed or killed.”

Not uncommon in busy areas. Calls are prioritized in regards to urgency, which I’m sure you could figure out hence the 3 hour response time. If you were being robbed, battered etc. you’d have people dropping what they’re doing and hauling ass to you and your wife. If the ‘stolen’ had just happened/you watched it happen, they would have had them dropping what they were doing as well and coming your way. It’s just the way it goes sometimes and can suck for the person who’s waiting. The truck wasn’t going to get ‘anymore stolen’ than it already was so it wasn’t going to the top of the urgency list. Vehicles can be replaced, people can’t.

Enjoy the ride.

Thanks man, I am glad it was just the truck also. Could have been worse. I know the police would have shown sooner if it was a physical threat, I was just in such a bad mood at the time. It wasn't even so much their response time but just their general lack of humanity and how rude they were. I'm sure the job takes a toll on you over time and it's hard to always be bubbly and happy (I spent 8 years in the army and deployed twice, so I know the feeling). Anyway, I just hope insurance squares everything away and I can get back to being happy about my truck and all. I ordered my first couple of mods today, maybe that will make me feel a little better haha.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m reading this correctly, there are 2 vulnerabilities they address, the door plate and the lock cap. The lock cap removes the driver’s door lock cylinder, which appears to be the weak point here, BUT... That appears to cost us the only keyed entry we have.

Here's the official answer from the Jimmijammer.com people to my question about stopping a Slim Jim unlock from above. With that they grab the door lock rod from above through the glass / door weatherstrip. This is used by Repo people causes no damage. Using a Slim Jim requires that tool and some skill. But I think a door lock rod unlock would trigger the alarm?

Anyway here's their answer to 3 ways to break into our Gen 2 Raptors:

The only thing we are aware of that will prevent a slim jim being used is our PunchPlug, which allows you to remove the lock cylinder altogether.
https://jimmijammer.com/Product, PunchPlug.html

If your Raptor is the new one, 2017+, then we strongly recommend getting that lock cylinder out of the door. They just grab the lock body with a channel lock pliers and twist to get in. Super easy and the only way to stop it is to remove the lock.

If you have the older body style, it isn’t as bad, but still very easy. If you are concerned about a slim jim for some particular reason, then getting rid of that rod inside the door is the only answer. In our experience though, it is by far more common that the thief just jams a screwdriver in the lock and pushes hard. This breaks the plastic holding the lock in place and the door opens. Using our Jimmi Jammer and PunchPlug together will eliminate this method of entry.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the official answer from the Jimmijammer.com people to my question about stopping a Slim Jim unlock from above. With that they grab the door lock rod from above through the glass / door weatherstrip. This is used by Repo people causes no damage. Using a Slim Jim requires that tool and some skill. But I think a door lock rod unlock would trigger the alarm?

Anyway here's their answer to 3 ways to break into our Gen 2 Raptors:

The only thing we are aware of that will prevent a slim jim being used is our PunchPlug, which allows you to remove the lock cylinder altogether.
https://jimmijammer.com/Product, PunchPlug.html

If your Raptor is the new one, 2017+, then we strongly recommend getting that lock cylinder out of the door. They just grab the lock body with a channel lock pliers and twist to get in. Super easy and the only way to stop it is to remove the lock.

If you have the older body style, it isn’t as bad, but still very easy. If you are concerned about a slim jim for some particular reason, then getting rid of that rod inside the door is the only answer. In our experience though, it is by far more common that the thief just jams a screwdriver in the lock and pushes hard. This breaks the plastic holding the lock in place and the door opens. Using our Jimmi Jammer and PunchPlug together will eliminate this method of entry.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Nice info, basically same conclusion I came to. If you don't get rid of that lock cylinder you are vulnerable to a very easy break-in. I watched them get into my truck on the video. It was 5 seconds max. If I end up getting a copy of video like I asked for, I will post it for you guys to see.

Headshot450

Reaction score
TBH, I can see Raptors being a HUGE target in the Texas area. They know the wall is coming and they're going to need to drive to pretty remote areas to get in and get out quick. Considering this truck is build for such a task, I'm sure the demand for these trucks is skyrocketing, trucks probably in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc