Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If Ford had a 'track pack' brake option, it would be easily 5k. I suspect that is why they don't offer it, that'd push some of these trucks to like 80k with tax.

I would like the Alcon kit so I can keep factory wheels, all tolled, it would be about 8k installed, so luckily for me, I only need another 8k and I'm good to go.

We do offer financing if you'd like to explore that option! And if you're relatively mechanically inclined, the kit can be installed in an afternoon in your driveway with hand tools.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is near Tampa Bay I will help install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pad suggestions? Most of the pad reviews I have read for the raptor have not been spectacular, Just middle of the road...

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Are y'all out of the brake line kits? Wold not want to do pads and rotors and not address lines. TIA!

We sell SS Lines for 2010-2018 Raptors in stock length and extended lengths up to 9" and in different colors. If you are interested in a set, shoot me a PM and I will get you taken care of.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a fairly aggressive bedding procedure with my stock pads and rotors, noticing a huge difference in initial bite and overall torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the brakes are pathetic. Ya, they work, but everything else on this truck is fabulous - I really feel that they are under-engineered. Stopping power is mediocre at best
the hydraulic brake block is also so far forward in the frame. makes no sense. that should be protected by the firewall. there is so much play in the brake pedal before it starts engaging. you have to put a crap ton of pedal to get it to panic stop.