Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboy4eva

Reaction score
I have been hearing that the brakes are not up to the job, what ur experiences on this. What brake upgrade options are available for the Gen 2 raptor, if you can pls post links to the exact product

Cheers...

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stock brakes can already lock up the tires. Abs has to kick in because the tires will not stop quickly enough. With that in mind you can upgrade the pads and rotors to get more bite and decrease fade. You can get that from freedom motorsports. They're a supporting vendor on here. Alcon and brembo have kits if you're dead set on a big brake kit. I think both of those require larger wheels. I think Baer had a brake kit for the g1 that would clear with 17s.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I am getting ready to create a huge Freedom Motorsports sale campaign for our sponsorship in TRR this year. Send me a PM and I can get you a personal quote for 20% off, unless you are going to TRR then we are offering more for TRR participants.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had any complaints on the brakes... Stops fast for me.... I would like to paint my calipers or maybe put covers on them however.

dasbury

Reaction score
I think the brakes are pathetic. Ya, they work, but everything else on this truck is fabulous - I really feel that they are under-engineered. Stopping power is mediocre at best

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brakes have zero issues and kick on the abs with moderate pressure offroad and they stop the truck just fine on pavement. No idea what people expect out of a 6k lb truck with 35s and soft suspension.

Dartv8r

Reaction score
My brakes have zero issues and kick on the abs with moderate pressure offroad and they stop the truck just fine on pavement. No idea what people expect out of a 6k lb truck with 35s and soft suspension.

Im guessing a lot of new owners are coming from other high horsepower/high performance cars and are used to how those stop. From what I've heard gen 2 raptor stops pretty good for a truck it's size. (Still waiting for mine to arrive.)

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine stop just fine, but there is more pedal travel to get there. People forget that this truck was designed around playing in the dirt, not to be a street fighter.