Brake Pad Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For high performance/sever duty applications I'm not fond of any ceramic pad.

I've run the Hawk LTS compound pads on an F150 and F350. They're fair on the 150 and feel good on the 350. Low dust, no noise at all, very moderate rising rate to them. Pedal feel is so-so on the 150, but better than stock.

So far the Raybestos AdvancedTechnology (ATD, black box) has been very impressive for all-around use.

Raybestos Brakes - Catalog

I plan on trying the police compound pads here shortly and see how they do. I hope they're a touch more aggressive than the ATD's (which are nice). I work on a small, mixed fleet of vehicles and each unit sees different service duty, so sometimes I'll try different parts.

Don't run the red box/Severe Duty Hawk pads unless you run around with a LOADED F250/350. They never get up to operating temp in normal driving with an empty truck. Heck, I put them on my E450 motorhome and took them back off, put the LTS back on. They're meant to stay at a high operating temp for proper performance.

Read up:
Brake Pads / Rotors Technical Specification - How Brakes Work - FAQ

Edwin knows his stuff ;)

EDIT: And don't run crossdrilled rotors. Solid or slotted only.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think this is your best option.

This is my bet too but the rotors you might step up to the Sport rotor. That is what is in my picture. The Ford front rotors in sport number is GD7462 per autoanything which is were I got all my brakes at that time.

ebc_sport_rotors_brake_chart.jpg

ebc_sport_rotors.jpg

Thats what they should look like. They are slotted and dimpled not completely drilled.