Brake Pad Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not on a Raptor, but I switched to Wagner ThermaQuiet's on my Titan back in June. Seem to be low dust and only squeak a little bit before they heat up. Seem to stop about the same as stock. Hope this helps.

fordandchevyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on a Raptor, but I switched to Wagner ThermaQuiet's on my Titan back in June. Seem to be low dust and only squeak a little bit before they heat up. Seem to stop about the same as stock. Hope this helps.

hate to break it to ya but anything Wagner is junk.. lots of dust maybe they they will last 1 year. :drool:

i would only use Motorcraft pads or OEM. OEM are the best because ford now uses a low carbon dust formula and Im not to sure about Motorcraft pads formula but i know they work better than anything you can buy at a chain auto parts store. plus motorcraft come with new anti rattle clips and have chanfers on the ends to reduce squeeking. i would also recommend changing the rotors at the same time. even if they dont look too bad. grinding them down wil just make them too thin and they will warp with in a month. good luck though. it should be an easy job. when i worked for ford, im pretty sure you could get the motorcraft pads for less than $75.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not impressed with the factory pads when it comes to fade.
Don't ride your brakes like an old lady and you wouldn't have brake fade! I've yet to experience brake fade my Raptor and I run the shit out of it.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't ride your brakes like an old lady and you wouldn't have brake fade! I've yet to experience brake fade my Raptor and I run the shit out of it.

It happens when descending several thousand feet in only a few miles. For instance coming down Imogene pass (13,114ft) into Telluride (7,800ft) on a tight twisty trail suitable for jeeps, makes negotiating switchbacks in 4 low difficult in the Raptor, opting me to leave it in 2hi for better turning at lock. There is brake riding going on but its to be expected.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happens when descending several thousand feet in only a few miles. For instance coming down Imogene pass (13,114ft) into Telluride (7,800ft) on a tight twisty trail suitable for jeeps, makes negotiating switchbacks in 4 low difficult in the Raptor, opting me to leave it in 2hi for better turning at lock. There is brake riding going on but its to be expected.

I retract my previous statement.