Boss Hoss..... Brand New Raptor Wax Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly the same---this is for a new vehicle. Don't think for a second that new paint will not need to be clayed. My truck only needed some on the sides of the hood outside of the sticker that I removed. Not much but it was there.

On a truck that has not been taken care of you may have to use a cleaner wax or even clay more that just the surfaces like the hood and roof.

OP
OP
Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not even think of claying a new truck, but I will now.

Using Meguiar’s #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 can you layer that (2 coats) to get better protection.

I know the Klasse step 2 Glaze you can. Any benefit with the Meguiar’s? Or one coat and then wax?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just let the 21 cure... If you want to layer do it with the wax! Will look awesome!!

I wax mine at least once a month now so I never have an issue with protection.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey boss.......
i was just going to wash the truck when i get it and then do a clear body wrap. the same stuff we use for clear bra. what do you think?

OP
OP
Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just let the 21 cure... If you want to layer do it with the wax! Will look awesome!!

I wax mine at least once a month now so I never have an issue with protection.

So when may it need sealant again? One time a year? Or every two years start again clay etc etc

If going back to the begining clay etc etc I heard washing the truck with Dawn will get everything back to zero. Not sure if thats a good idea or even true. What do you think?

PS Hope I am not breaking your balls to much. LOL

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a problem glad to help.. Only clay when the paint needs it and if you keep it waxed it will stay smooth -- mine does. I apply the 21 about once every 6 months or so just to ensure protection in the winter because because when it is cold and wet sometimes my motivation to get out in the elements is not there lol. Also the cold makes the cure time several hours even in the sun. Will be doing it in late November this year.

There may be other products to get the paint down to a bare state but Dawn works for me and has for a long time. When deciding on if you need to clay an area again just make sure that it needs it. Mine has been smooth for over a year from just keeping it protected primarily with the carnauba wax.

Last thing to remember is NEVER EVER use cotton anything on the paint!

Just a FYI--this is my order from Auto Geek earlier this week I needed a few things:

1 PIN-312 - Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax 95.00
1 COBRA-600DLX - Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600 Microfiber 12.99
1 PIN-250-B - 2 Qty Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner 24.99
1 G-18616 - Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner Spra 8.99
1 G-13324 - Meguiars NXT Generation Glass Cleaner 6.99
1 agcoupon - 10% off Autogeek Coupon -14.90

Last edited:

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just duplicated your order. They are giving 15% off now with free shipping & a free sample of your choice. Thanks for sharing this.

Not a problem glad to help.. Only clay when the paint needs it and if you keep it waxed it will stay smooth -- mine does. I apply the 21 about once every 6 months or so just to ensure protection in the winter because because when it is cold and wet sometimes my motivation to get out in the elements is not there lol. Also the cold makes the cure time several hours even in the sun. Will be doing it in late November this year.

There may be other products to get the paint down to a bare state but Dawn works for me and has for a long time. When deciding on if you need to clay an area again just make sure that it needs it. Mine has been smooth for over a year from just keeping it protected primarily with the carnauba wax.

Last thing to remember is NEVER EVER use cotton anything on the paint!

Just a FYI--this is my order from Auto Geek earlier this week I needed a few things:

1 PIN-312 - Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax 95.00
1 COBRA-600DLX - Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600 Microfiber 12.99
1 PIN-250-B - 2 Qty Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner 24.99
1 G-18616 - Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner Spra 8.99
1 G-13324 - Meguiars NXT Generation Glass Cleaner 6.99
1 agcoupon - 10% off Autogeek Coupon -14.90

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys want sick detailing stuff....check out www.detailersdomain.com. Guy is awesome to talk to and he's got the best detailing stuff you could ever need. Guys name is phil. He just opticoated my entire truck. His garage was filled to the top with everything you'd ever want to use.