Borla S Type or ATAK

Which would you choose? Borla S Type or Atak

• S-Type

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • ATAK

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim W

Reaction score
The ATAK kit removes the stock resonator I believe so you will have a lot of rasp. Some people want that sound so if that's your thing go for it.
I have the atak as well, I drive to the beach just about every weekend and the drone sucks, if I’m driving to/from work it’s fine but now I’m looking to calm mine down to. I may look into your set up, thanks for posting

MikeE

Reaction score
I had the Borla S put on mine a couple of months ago and it is perfect to me. I feel a little bad for the neighbors on the morning cold starts when the garage door opens up, but it quiets down within a minute. This month will be a tuner, so we should really get that baby rippin' in sport mode.

KOK JR

Reaction score
Have Ford Performance Street by Borla and SPD adaptors on my '18 SCEW. 46 K miles, all else stock. Have never tired of the sound. No droning.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Borla and Corsa are the best ways to go with the Gen 2's. I do prefer the deeper more mild tone of the Borla S over the Corsa and ATAK. The ATAK can be a bit much and the Corsa is very raspy.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla and Corsa are the best ways to go with the Gen 2's. I do prefer the deeper more mild tone of the Borla S over the Corsa and ATAK. The ATAK can be a bit much and the Corsa is very raspy.

I respect everybody's opinions, but I have the Corsa Xtreme and I honestly don't think it is raspy. I guess it is one of those things that you just need to hear in person to make your own decision. If anybody in Cincinnati is really serious about purchasing a Corsa Xtreme exhaust and wants to hear it in person before making the jump, I am willing to assist.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever tow, you will hate the ATAK system, especially when you load the motor up when you’re pulling up a hill.

jason7731523

Reaction score
I had the Borla S put on mine a couple of months ago and it is perfect to me. I feel a little bad for the neighbors on the morning cold starts when the garage door opens up, but it quiets down within a minute. This month will be a tuner, so we should really get that baby rippin' in sport mode.
Would you mind recording what the truck sounds like in the garage when you cold start it?