Borla S Type or ATAK

Which would you choose? Borla S Type or Atak

• S-Type

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • ATAK

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jboser

Reaction score
Looking for all them Borla owners out there to chime in and let me know your thoughts. Considering the S type or the ATAK with the SPD turbo adapters on my 2019 Raptor. Is the ATAK really thatttt loud? My Neighbor’s already wanted to kill me with my Gen 1 I’m slightly worried the S type won’t have enough punch for what I’m looking for? Lemme know your set up and your thoughts :)

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the Atak on my 17 when I first got it. With in a few weeks I was looking for a way to calm it down. It was before the resonator came out so I installed 2 Borla 3" in/out bullet resonators on each dual before the atak muffler. Was way better. So if it was me doin it again I would go with the S-type as the Atak was just to loud and raspy for me.
I now have the Atak muffler, with the Borla resonator, and the 2 Borla 3" in/out resonators on each side, along with Kooks downpipes. Sounds great. Deeper growl and no drone.
Edit... I installed a pic of how I have setup

20210106_113526.jpg

Last edited:

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Atak on my 17 when I first got it. With in a few weeks I was looking for a way to calm it down. It was before the resonator came out so I installed 2 Borla 3" in/out bullet resonators on each dual before the atak muffler. Was way better. So if it was me doin it again I would go with the S-type as the Atak was just to loud and raspy for me.
I now have the Atak muffler, with the Borla resonator, and the 2 Borla 3" in/out resonators on each side, along with Kooks downpipes. Sounds great. Deeper growl and no drone.
Edit... I installed a pic of how I have setup

View attachment 159294
Let’s hear a vid of that...

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ATAK kit removes the stock resonator I believe so you will have a lot of rasp. Some people want that sound so if that's your thing go for it.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the S-type you will be happy everyone when I was looking that had a ATAK thought it was too load and found was to add something to it to quit it down. I actually ended up with the Ford Performance street by Borla and love it. Of course that was after I had the Roush cat back that I wanted to put an ice pick in my ear do to the drone between 2-2500 RPM. Good luck happy hunting.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
S type IMO. ATAK is a bit much for a daily driver and the S is a little deeper of a tone too which is nice.

Message me if you would like a quote on one.

BLJ

Reaction score
I have had both Borlas on my 2019! Sold both of them because they both sounded like crap!! I have the corsa with delete x pipe and I think it sounds ok. Not the best but not as raspy as the Borlas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had both Borlas on my 2019! Sold both of them because they both sounded like crap!! I have the corsa with delete x pipe and I think it sounds ok. Not the best but not as raspy as the Borlas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have driven my truck stock, with the Corsa Sport, and with the Corse Xtreme (no resonator). I still have the parts to do any combination I want and I can't imagine driving it with anything other than the Corsa Xtreme. I am not a super young guy, but for a Raptor, it is perfect. It makes a fair amount of noise if you get on it, I nice rumble when accelerating nomrally, and is actually very quiet while just cruising. As for the highway, it is really quiet while cruising until you get up to 75 MPH and then you will hear a little exhaust note, but nothing major. I have a buddy who put a performance exhaust on his Toyota and it is horrible and drove me nuts just cruising at 65 MPH on the highway. If you are thinking the Sport may not have enough rumble for you, I would recomend the Atak or getting the Corsa Xtreme. I opted for Corsa because I thought it was way less raspy.