Boatec +2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boatec glass from ADD is finally on with boatec liners up front and ADD liners in the rear. Fitment is pretty good so far. Just needs a little more work when it goes in for paint. The glass and the liners are super sturdy and the lines are clean. More pics in my build thread.

OaHppTQ.jpg

8WMBDnR.jpg

dtWuV0n.jpg

NGBTa2G.jpg
dGAzmrN.jpg

CFgL3YW.jpg

O5p9K6p.jpg

hK9ExBt.jpg

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the bedsides mount to the stock bedsides? I see above and below the tail lights it looks like the stock bedsides.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Do the bedsides mount to the stock bedsides? I see above and below the tail lights it looks like the stock bedsides.

there is "some surgery required".

aka cutting.

Stock bedsides come off, Fiberglass goes on.

I'd guess that boatec's solution for bedside flex is to use that back bed corner for stability so it doesn't deform.

Other solutions peel the entire external bedside off and only retain the underlying structure.

Opinions and methods differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

Yeah that doesn’t look so good, hopefully it looks better after paint. That’s a deal breaker for me, seems like it will never look right or the filler will crack when you mob it.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The body shop has to finish it up. It’s getting done at the place that did the Xbox truck.

9d3ce4c8f381f3718e4c3a6f2971ec57.jpg
9a1f8e05f55f194866781d1953daaa73.jpg

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Yeah that doesn’t look so good, hopefully it looks better after paint. That’s a deal breaker for me, seems like it will never look right or the filler will crack when you mob it.

I think what you're seeing in the pic is light duty panel adhesive, not filler.

I'd also hope that the body shop would take the bed off the truck, trim the joint to be a butted joint with a 1/32nd-1/16th gap, then use plastic based filler on the seam and a flexible backing on the inside of the butted seam. The best way to create a clean seam is to lay one panel over the other, then cut them at the same time with a 1/16th or 1/32nd wizzer wheel.

Betcha that's what happens at the body shop.

I'd doubt that ADD has branched into body work, so it's most likely a "mechanic style" bedside install to get them on the truck and the truck out the door to a shop that specializes in such things.