Blue vs Black Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought blue accent interior on my Tux black Scab. I still like the black interior though. What did you guys get? Either way--we win! Just checking.

PS-Thankfully I'm a FL Gator fan so seeing the Orange strip on the steering wheel mixed with the blue dash trim when driving....I wont get car sick! Haha. GO GATORS--EVEN THOUGH YOU BLEW ASS THIS YEAR!

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the blue as well, mainly for the metal on the dash rather than the plastic. Also looks like the gearshift has a matte finish rather than chrome.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have both. I absolutely LOVE the blue accents. It isn't nearly as bright and in your face as the pictures show. It is more of a gunmetal blue. Not shiny at all.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys order blue exterior or black? I'm more curious to know how it looks with tux black truck.

Isn't the blue a gun metal look but still plastic dash? Or is the dash insert actually a metal material and colored to match?

How about the blue seats? How do they look in comparison to the black seats?

I didnt like the orange interior trim the last few years bc it was to "loud". Just hoping the blue flows well with both a black truck and orange steering wheel trim.

Just wondering what others thought. I've seen some say the blue looks cheap (more the seats) but most saying they really like the trim and how it looks much better in person. I can appreciate the in person opinion and look forward to seeing mine in person as a result in a few weeks! Its getting to the point where I know its actualy going to happen soon--so Im actually putting effort into knowing more about the specifics with regards to the space I will actually be in the most of the time! Haha.

PS-blue is my fav color and I got it also in honor of my SRT Jeep I sold for the truck....which was colored "STEEL BLUE" on the exterior (very cool/rare SRT color) and it looks almost identicle to the Rap blue interior trim. *Had to get the blue trim. REPTAR!! Thanks guys.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys order blue exterior or black? I'm more curious to know how it looks with tux black truck.

Isn't the blue a gun metal look but still plastic dash? Or is the dash insert actually a metal material and colored to match?

How about the blue seats? How do they look in comparison to the black seats?

I didnt like the orange interior trim the last few years bc it was to "loud". Just hoping the blue flows well with both a black truck and orange steering wheel trim.

Just wondering what others thought. I've seen some say the blue looks cheap (more the seats) but most saying they really like the trim and how it looks much better in person. I can appreciate the in person opinion and look forward to seeing mine in person as a result in a few weeks! Its getting to the point where I know its actualy going to happen soon--so Im actually putting effort into knowing more about the specifics with regards to the space I will actually be in the most of the time! Haha.

PS-blue is my fav color and I got it also in honor of my SRT Jeep I sold for the truck....which was colored "STEEL BLUE" on the exterior (very cool/rare SRT color) and it looks almost identicle to the Rap blue interior trim. *Had to get the blue trim. REPTAR!! Thanks guys.

I got Tux Black, all the silver on the dash that I can tell is metal. Only pics I have seen of the blue have been on here and Autotrader so I can't tell until I actually get mine. I wanted to order a Steel Blue SRT but they didn't offer it in '06 when I bought my Jeep, I loved that color and think it would look good on a Raptor as well.

RapaTon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen so far I like the blue interior. I did not order it with my 2012. I'm happy that the Raptor logo on the seats is embroidered now in both regular black and the blue. The embroidered logo is probably the only part of the blue interior that I don't like as well as the black.

RapaTon

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. Still mixed reviews. I'm at 60/40 right now. 60 for the blue and 40 for the black. Maybe Tux Black on Black Interior is to much black...espcially in the desert here where I live. God, am I really doing this to myself. I don know why I am stoked over the blue interior but feel like I'm missing out for not going with what I've seen (an really liked) in person which was black/silver Interior.

Maybe it's the Steel Blue connection another member mentioned. And I was one of very few Steel Blue SRT Jeep GC owners the last almost 5 years. The SRT steel blue was only out for 6 months b/t mid/end of '07 (I bought mine 08/07) and then Chrysler switched to PearlCoat Blue which still looked good on future SRT's (a little lighter blue color) but imho not as good looking as the Steel Blue.

It was the best shade blue car I've ever seen and it looked even better with blacked out trim + blacked out wheels I did myself. *Therefore, I'm hoping the blue Interior dash + black headliner/outter dash/seats gives me the same awesome feeling as my SRT did.

Also good to know someone else on here can see & agree at how similar the blue dash color concept is to the Steel Blue SRT exterior color. "Gunmetal Blue vs Steel Blue" sounds like same thing anyway.

PS-just checked my credit union and the SRT is finally showing "paid off" as of 1:00am 12/28/11! Mission accomplished on the trade dudes. Now just wait and coordinate Raptor delivery/final loan signatures next month. :peace:

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got blue and blue, looks awesome to me. My dealer even changed their stock orders to blue int because the pics they had seen looked quite different, go BLUE.:popcorn: