Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2018-19 Poor Quality Control

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by fordloco, Mar 13, 2019.

1. CurtZX

CurtZX Member

I just sold my 2018 Sierra Denali that was RUSTING all over (body, frame, you name it) after only 4 months of ownership. What a POS that was. Took delivery of a '19 Rappy and the fit and finish are light years ahead of the garbage GM. I had a Viper GTS a few years back. "Hand built", amazing car. But nothing lined up. Everything was put together with shims. This Raptor is going to have to do a LOT to piss me off because I sure can't see a thing wrong with it so far in terms of quality control!

2. Gilligan

Gilligan FRF Addict

I didn’t even test drive mine. Couldn’t imagine going through life with such a giant stick up my ass about everything.... Go buy something with impeccable fit and finish, and come back in 5 years and let us know how it depreciated compared to the Raptor

roushraptor13 and GTTXRAP like this.
  3. CurtZX

CurtZX Member

I hear ya! The salesguy was floored that I didn't want to test drive it. Why do I need to test drive it? It's a Raptor. Give me your stupid sales pitch so I can give you money and get out of this place asap. Haha

4. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

Not only did I not test drive mine, I’d never even owned a truck before. I knew what I wanted and why I wanted it.

Gilligan likes this.
  5. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

Exactly. OP needs to find another ride.

GTTXRAP and Gilligan like this.
  6. Raptorman19

Raptorman19 Member

First world problems...the Raptor is a great truck and it's great to see a manufacture build something of this caliber.

If it's used as its intended? Why would that change anything? I see plenty of posts about the problems that has caused for others.

I am in the construction industry and our equipment gets abused just because of the nature of the work it has to do and we still strive for quality and excellent fit and finish.

Why would I want a X5? When a truck is what I need and want?

Today is suppose to be delivery day on my 2019 Raptor that was retail ordered. After it has spent the last week in the body shop getting repairs done to it from transport damage. This dealer has the same opinion you have. They said "its a truck". They are right it is truck but when I buy something that is new I expect it be in new condition. I am almost 50 years old, bought a lot of new trucks and cars and have never had a problem with that philosophy until this purchase.

In my case the underbody rust and corrosion to the AL parts is terrible and this is on Ford but the other issues well that is on the transport company. This is my first Ford but I have driven F150's as work vehicles for the past 8 years. My personal experience is the quality has started to drop in some areas on Ford trucks. I had assumed it was how we used them at work but my opinion is changing on that front.

In the end we all get to choose what want to do with our money.

SD1290 and Oldfart like this.
  7. jaz13

jaz13 FRF Addict

If you don't trust the build quality from Ford, then you definitely shouldn't be buying one. Life is too short to drive something you're not happy with.

8. Raptor Vet

Raptor Vet Full Access Member

I'm on my fourth ford truck. First two were built at Norfolk Va plant...both
    perfect... no problems.... third i think Kentucky plant 250 7.3 diesel...I still have... been great truck....I bought site unseen black scab from liberty ford ohio ...the salesman drove it down to me with $500 deposit.. and it's perfect..
    I mean perfect. I coated that surface rust on axle no problem ...I guess just lucky...

Wfo likes this.
  9. fordloco

fordloco Full Access Member

Cool story bro. You are one bad ass dude. I'm going to take your advice, sell my 18 Raptor, pull this stick out my ass and go buy me one of them BMW X5's. See you at the Baja 1000. Mine will be the one with the chrome dub ballers.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  10. Gilligan

Gilligan FRF Addict

well fucking duh, obviously you're new around here...... Also bought my 14 without test driving so continue to be impressed, peasant..

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    roushraptor13 likes this.