GEN 2 Blow off valves and deep water. Any issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got and plan on installing a BOV.

Does this impact the depth of water you can drive through? As it is, you could cover the tires, but the BOV is maybe 1/2 that height. I don't plan on constantly driving around in 3 feet of water, just asking.

Obviously, it blows air out, but has anyone had any issues with water getting in?

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had mine go under a few times and haven't seen any issues, water was just over the bumper while pushing a wake, bottom of the doors on the side while moving. Never stopped to find out exactly how deep it was. The only difference is my BOV is shielded with my bumper and a guard under it so there may have not been much water standing on it as I was not parked in the water and constantly moving. Did a quick measurement and my BOV sits at 30in off the ground, not sure what the stock height would be.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
I have been wondering about this as well and can’t find any good info. I have stage 2 Goosetuned on my 21 Gen3. Cobb FMIC with the turbosmart BOV that is situated pretty low. I’ve gone through deep water a couple of times but would like a definitive answer on this as well.