Black; wash and wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks look great dirty and clean.

I can't believe how often people stop me to look at the Raptor. Leaving a restaurant this weekend guy was staring at it in the parking lot; just walking around it trying to take pics. Hit remote start and gave him a little scare. Then pulled it out and he took several pics from different angles. Blocking traffic in the parking lot the whole time. Hilarious.

What bed cover is that? look's good.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like what you did with the front light bar. I have a 2012 black one on order and like to get more info on the light bar that you have.

That is Ford's light bar (forget who makes it for them). You can buy it from a Ford parts department, but probably find a better deal elsewhere online. It is overpriced, but I liked that it set a little lower than other light bars I had seen (so it did not block the FORD lettering on the grill). Lights are KC Rally 800s.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

What bed cover is that? look's good.

Pace Edwards full metal retractable. Really happy with it. Have not had any leaks (even when I was able to run the Raptor thru a car wash). Like the low profile. My wife's cover on her F-150 sticks up. Don't really see mine.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I have painted all the trim parts matte black (flares, grill, bumpers, skid plate, light bar). Love the all black, but also like that there is still a little contrast on the trim parts vs. the tuxedo black on the rest of the truck. Need to post some new pics.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
why did you have to bump this shiny black truck :(. my truck has at least another month to go before it gets the spring treatment. this was like waving some rock in front of a crack addict's face.

9sword

Reaction score
These trucks look great dirty and clean.

I can't believe how often people stop me to look at the Raptor. Leaving a restaurant this weekend guy was staring at it in the parking lot; just walking around it trying to take pics. Hit remote start and gave him a little scare. Then pulled it out and he took several pics from different angles. Blocking traffic in the parking lot the whole time. Hilarious.

What type and brand of lights did you install in the front bumper's open spaces. Nice looking truck.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck looks great.

I Haven't waxed mine yet this year, but probably in the next week or two. Here's a couple before (dirty) and after (clean) today.

19bv5.jpg

x3d4s5.jpg

zvcpg.jpg

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck looks great.

I Haven't waxed mine yet this year, but probably in the next week or two. Here's a couple before (dirty) and after (clean) today.

19bv5.jpg

x3d4s5.jpg

zvcpg.jpg

Nice Phyguy. Finally finished cleaning my today. The Texas Raptor Run introduced a whole new level of dirty. Especially running with the windows down all weekend.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

What type and brand of lights did you install in the front bumper's open spaces. Nice looking truck.

Those are the Rigid Duallies.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Nice Phyguy. Finally finished cleaning my today. The Texas Raptor Run introduced a whole new level of dirty. Especially running with the windows down all weekend.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Those are the Rigid Duallies.

I still haven't washed mine! I did goto a desert race this weekend though.