Black or Silver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had Raptors for the past 14 months. I've lived in Maryland, Virginia and Florida in that timeframe. Been on trips to Michigan from both MD/VA/DC and Florida.

Here are the Raptors that I've seen on the road:

1 Blue Supercab
2 White Supercrew
4 Black Supercrew
3 Black Supercab
2 Orange Supercab
1 Silver Supercrew (mine)

28,000 miles of travels and I've seen just about that many across the USA North-to-South.

Yep. Only a few Raptors in SoCal. I give up.

:waytogo:

LOL.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seen them all here. I have a black screw now and if i had to choose probably white on the next one. Them and the silver really stand out when they come up behind you. Of course I'll keep my Black beauty when I get another, she's my favorite.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Raptors for the past 14 months. I've lived in Maryland, Virginia and Florida in that timeframe. Been on trips to Michigan from both MD/VA/DC and Florida.

Here are the Raptors that I've seen on the road:

1 Blue Supercab
2 White Supercrew
4 Black Supercrew
3 Black Supercab
2 Orange Supercab
1 Silver Supercrew (mine)

28,000 miles of travels and I've seen just about that many across the USA North-to-South.

LOL.

That looks pretty legit. I think I have seen just about every color so far except Silver, mine is white and I have seen quite a few of those.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Yep. Only a few Raptors in SoCal. I give up.

:waytogo:

:ROFLJest:

The only silvers I've seen are kglesq's and the complete stripped one for sale with a $9000 markup at HB Ford.

I've passed my exact truck several times.

If I were doing a 2012, I'd go Red though.

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrestle the color question all the time too.

Black is IMO the best looking when clean. I ruled it out because my GT500 is black and that's enough work.

Silver and white I like but am not sure which I like better....It depends on the day.

Blue is the color of choice for me at this time but I guess of your options if it were me I would go silver due to the work keeping black clean...but a black truck with a good tint job and kept detailed is hard to beat.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love Black, but the lines of the Raptor disappear. If your not paying attention, it looks just like an F150. If you want stealth go Black. If you want your truck to stand out go Silver.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I test drove a silver screw before I bought my black scab. 1st off I say tuxedo black instead of black black. It looks much better IMO and i have had many people ask me where I got my paint job because they loved the metal flakes. I think the black looks much more aggressive but that is just me. I haven't found it very hard to keep my truck looking clean because of the metal flakes although the silver would be hands down easier. This truck doesn't look bad when it's dirty though. Silver is more rare but I say get the black.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
My vote is silver, I've seen one on the road around Phoenix, but then I've seen another orange one, a blue one and a black one.

Silver shows off the lines a lot more than black does, which I think makes it a lot cooler looking.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, the reason why you don't see Silver is because it blends in... I just sold two silver trucks. I ordered my 2011 in Molten Orange. I had a 1992 Suburban in the Blue color. That neon blue color was very rare at the time and I got many compliments on it. The dealer down the way has a Silver Raptor on their lot and it has been there for almost a month. I drive by the dealer every day on the way to the gym and I see a different color Raptor on their lot once a week and the Orange, Blue and Black ones sell very fast. I might see it on their lot once or twice - then I assume some Happy New Raptor owner is out abusing it...

The Black raptor is just freakin stealth looking. Also very mean looking and what a pain in the ass to keep clean. I just picked up a used Black - Range Rover for the wife and we have had it for a week and washed it twice and waxed it once - okay, we live in the hills and I love to run it over dirt obstacles and such on the drive home. I have had other black cars before and to keep them clean is a pain in the ass but the most rewarding thing when they are clean.

On another note Black might be the best for resale. A dealer called me Friday and said they just received a Black Raptor in stock and it was loaded with every option. I told him mine was already on order and I asked him, btw what are you selling Raptors for. His reply was "This Black Raptor is loaded and we are asking 15k over MSRP. I told him I ordered mine for 3k under MSRP and he hung up the phone on me.

I almost ordered a 2012 in Flame Red - the local dealer had a F150 in the same Flame Red and it looks awesome. My only problem is that you see so many Red Cars and Trucks these days, thus why I picked Molten Orange. Just this weekend I saw the Outlaw Raptor going south on the 57 Fwy. A Silver scab and a white crew. Then we went to a really nice restaurant on Sunday night for Happy Hour and in the number one and two spots in Valet Parking was a Black Raptor and a White Convertible Bentley. My wife says she liked the Raptor better, Ha Ha, married the right woman...

5447.jpg