GEN 2 Black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Everyone is telling me that there isn't a set of lug nuts which cover both OEM and aftermarket wheels. Anyone prove this wrong?

D

Deleted member 12951

Everyone is telling me that there isn't a set of lug nuts which cover both OEM and aftermarket wheels. Anyone prove this wrong?

Stock size is typically too large for aftermarket wheels and even though the lugnuts that do work on aftermarket can fit the stock wheels, it does not seat properly. I would be very leary of running smaller lugnuts on stock wheels. Lugnuts are less than $100. Are people in this thread really debating about saving a $100 when we own raptors?

762ef0394299d2e82ec801ade5be15b4.jpg

9dad9dc6344c6e1c8c5ef77552c3a084.jpg

Kahuna

Reaction score
Thanks, guess I need 2 sets then.

It's not the $100, it's a general desire to keep things streamlined and efficient, not juggling multiple keys/lugs/sockets etc. particularly on runs where a wheel may need to be borrowed etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks, guess I need 2 sets then.

It's not the $100, it's a general desire to keep things streamlined and efficient, not juggling multiple keys/lugs/sockets etc. particularly on runs where a wheel may need to be borrowed etc.

Are you planning on running a street wheel and change to a different wheel when off-roading? Not sure why you would need 2 sets.

Change your spare wheel too. Whenever I buy new wheels, I always buy 6 cause I want to carry two spares

Kahuna

Reaction score
i have a set of methods here unused I was thinking of putting Duratracs on which I love for street/winter use. On my last truck I was constantly getting flats with the Duratracs in the summer, the northeast has a lot of shale and the tire is very soft.

I was then planning on running the stock KO2s on the stock beadlocks in the summer and replacing with something harder as they get retired. Maybe X3s.

Just spitballin' but I want to replace the stock lugnuts before they start to swell and was trying to future proof, which you tell me is unfortunately not possible, at least safely.

I hear you, I have 6x methods and 6x OEM beadlocks.

OP
OP
M

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity do the lugs need to be changed due to lug centric vs hub centric on most aftermarket wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobhub

Reaction score
Better question....I’m just going to assume you had a flat in the rear? Because from what I can tell there’s no way you’re getting the front end high enough off the ground to change a tire w/ the supplied emergency jack - hell or w/ a Pittsburg 3 ton jack w/ 19.7” height- correct? I am debating buying an expensive pro eagle jack just so I’m not stranded on the road should I get a puncture in a front tire

Had the please of changing my passenger rear two weeks ago after running over a knife blade. The supplied jack was cumbersome, but worked fine. Luckily I had time to pull into a flat parking lot. The front may have been tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter