GEN 2 Black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, those are the ones I want.

Thanks for posting. I’m sold now.

One question tho: How well do the lugnuts seat in the holes?
Well my damn stock ones weren’t tight but had it in the shop for wax/oil change recently. I torqued these down to 150 lbs will check back in a couple days see how they hold.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I’d report back- yes the Mcgard lugnuts I installed are “narrower” @ the base than the stock ones, but the wheels are forged & can take a lot of pressure, if properly torqued to 150 lbs I don’t think there should be an issue there’s still probably like 1/3”-1/2” @ least of contact all around the circumference of the lugnuts & where it sets against the wheel/hole. Plenty of bite.

And for factual proof I drove 350 miles on em over 2 days (chest up cool down cycles + humidity changes from
Being parked overnight outside) - mostly highway but I did drive up over curbs/sidewalks a number of times doing 3 point turns, one time I didn’t mean to & nailed a curb pretty good making wide turn. Also had about 7 miles on rutted crushed stone road where I drove fairly fast & hit some good potholes.

They barely backed out. It’s normal for new lugnuts to back off a bit once first installed & recommended to check again anyhow- these barely backed off just required a hard pull w/ a torque wrench w/ cheater pipe around it &
Only 1/2 needed it.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my damn stock ones weren’t tight but had it in the shop for wax/oil change recently. I torqued these down to 150 lbs will check back in a couple days see how they hold.
150 ft.lbs. !
Really?
I've always been using 100 ft.lbs.
Who or what suggested 150 Ft.lbs.?

Bigs125

Reaction score
Any issues or concerns using the McGard lugnuts? Don't wanna have any issues with seating, etc., or other problems with fitment.