GEN 2 Black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem with gorilla wheel lock system is that if you ever loose a lug “not the key” your are basically gonna need a new lug for every wheel. The gorilla customer service and their website is a joke.

One of the lugs on my wheel was not screw all the way (I have no idea what happen) and got lost. Getting a lug replacement was mission impossible. I’m probably gonna have to get a new lock system... very disappointed with gorilla service

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the experts at Southern Offroad Specialties (in GA) that the factory wheels are not in high demand by thieves, so I just bought some black ones off Amazon (non-locking) and a torque wrench.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem with gorilla wheel lock system is that if you ever loose a lug “not the key” your are basically gonna need a new lug for every wheel. The gorilla customer service and their website is a joke.

One of the lugs on my wheel was not screw all the way (I have no idea what happen) and got lost. Getting a lug replacement was mission impossible. I’m probably gonna have to get a new lock system... very disappointed with gorilla service
Update: I was able to reach customer service by phone and got my replacement lock. I’m happy now :)

C4EEB965-7589-4395-BE00-4E5B0EBFE9CE.jpeg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally replaced mine with a black set from Gorilla. I'm happy i decided to get rid of the stockers as almost everyone was swollen. I had to use a rubber mallet on just about everyone. One i had to cut the cap off as it was just spinning on the nut. Anyway, Im glad it happened in the driveway rather than somewhere else.
68ebe1681b9ed2a8d0a493e38f0b75f7.jpg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally replaced mine with a black set from Gorilla. I'm happy i decided to get rid of the stockers as almost everyone was swollen. I had to use a rubber mallet on just about everyone. One i had to cut the cap off as it was just spinning on the nut. Anyway, Im glad it happened in the driveway rather than somewhere else.
68ebe1681b9ed2a8d0a493e38f0b75f7.jpg

Wow! That’s brutal. Who the hell designed that?????

Probably gonna get Mcgard. Always had good luck with them.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I out the black gorilla lugs nuts on after seeing this thread about two months ago. I’m now hesitant to have dealer rotate wheels as I’ve read the black scratches or comes off easily. True?