Black is a bitch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
:roflsquared:Canadian winters are cruel! Spent $50.00 so far this winter in wash bays, in fact 4 washed in 6 days and the truck still looks retarded! Before you buy black be forewarned the black raptor requires a lot of TLC! Be ready for extra washes for the life of your truck. When its clean, you flaunt the greatest look going! But how long does it last?:roflsquared:

Yes it is but! When all the crappy weather subsides its a wonderful thing. Atleast there is some metal flake to off set just dust and the like. A california duster every 4 or 5 days between showers will help. Had mine 15 days and washed it 8 days ago and its still so so. I do buy some stuff called Final inspection from maguires and I buy it by the gallon. Spritz the birdshit and such off and a mist and wipe after washing. I did not do the top since I am not 8 feet tall. Where I back in at work along side a non used loading dock, the roof is 100% visible. DAMN! AHHahaaaaaa. Gotta figger out how to get to it better. Atleast its not as bad as plain old black paint.

BDRAG

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
calgary winters are the dirtiest !!!!!!!!I love black,I just forgot how much love they need!!!!The extra effort pays off,IN THE SUMMER,I would never even think of an other color,at my tender age of 38 I can handle the extra attention,BUT what happens when I turn 70?????/:baby:

Yeah it seems like we're driving around on an inch of sand and mud in Calgary right now. And with the road spray, I'm going through a jug of windsheild washer fluid every 3 days....
Future planning - at 70, I will have a 25 year old ******* girl washing my truck :naughty:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like we're driving around on an inch of sand and mud in Calgary right now. And with the road spray, I'm going through a jug of windsheild washer fluid every 3 days....
Future planning - at 70, I will have a 25 year old ******* girl washing my truck :naughty:

Ooooo sounds like a plan.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I have owned one black daily driver and won't make that mistake again. Nothing looks better than a freshly detailed black vehicle. I am some what of a freak when it comes to cleaning my cars. The black had me washing every 2 days even in the summer. I would own a black vehicle if it was a sunny day cruiser only. Never again as a DD.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Yes it is but! When all the crappy weather subsides its a wonderful thing. Atleast there is some metal flake to off set just dust and the like. A california duster every 4 or 5 days between showers will help. Had mine 15 days and washed it 8 days ago and its still so so. I do buy some stuff called Final inspection from maguires and I buy it by the gallon. Spritz the birdshit and such off and a mist and wipe after washing. I did not do the top since I am not 8 feet tall. Where I back in at work along side a non used loading dock, the roof is 100% visible. DAMN! AHHahaaaaaa. Gotta figger out how to get to it better. Atleast its not as bad as plain old black paint.

BDRAG
YouTube - Portable Detailing Platform & Workbench

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Why does the ford have a ferrari sticker on it? and i dont get it, you plug your "saw" into the table, only to have an extension cord run from that? why? And how do you get on the "work bench?" You need a step stool to go with it also, thats a lot of stuff. IDK it could be nice, Im just complaining for no reason

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly the reason i got white! i my dark blue 150 shows dust and dirt like crazy so i definitely didnt want black plus scratches are going to be harder to see on white