Bigg50's build - Well sort of...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Looks great Jeremiah! Can't wait to see it in person in a couple months... Seems like everyone has been stepping their game up big time in the NorCal area... My day will come once I get back I hope lol

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went on a prerun for the next Raptor Expeditions run last weekend and the steep approach angle of my frond bumper and the departure angle of my rear bumpers came in handy. We came up on a nasty wash out and this is after nocking it down and filling it in for 10 minutes.

Looks great Jeremiah! Can't wait to see it in person in a couple months... Seems like everyone has been stepping their game up big time in the NorCal area... My day will come once I get back I hope lol

haha, thanks buddy. Looking forward to hitting the trail with you again!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the CTS upper shock mounts gussets. 3.0's put a lot of stress on the rear shock mounts and tend to rip them off eventually...well if you do a lot of offroading. The uppers are the most common to fail so I addressed them first. I plan to have Outlaw weld on some gusseting to the lower mounts later this summer.

Fairly simple install. You have to loosen or remove all the bed bolts and slightly lift the bed to slide the bill of the gusset under the bed. The bill has a whole in which the bed bold goes through. From there you have to unbolt the shock at the top and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

Thank you to Gordon as usual for helping!

14441144213_6aee2ef303_c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been a while since I updated my thread. I've since added a curved 50" to the roof and just got the truck back from being wrapped for Raptor Expeditions. The 50" has been great so far. It really adds depth perception at night. My 40" was plenty bright but it was very tough to tell how deep or serious a whoop or rut was without the 50". Got the setup through Outlaw Offroad. It's a chinese light bar but Connor swears the quality is great. So far, I agree.

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about the wrap being over the top but I love it haha. Wife even likes it!

I was waiting to post pics until I had some proper offroad shots :biggrin:

15732129138_0425b422cb_b.jpg

15733821337_6bab99e875_b.jpg

15917610951_3da0326f46_b.jpg

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
How's the wind noise on normal driving with the 50"?

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not bad. It starts picking up noise if there's a head wind or when I get above 80MPH. It also helps that I don't have a moon roof.