Better Muffler Option for SW Headers and Lightning Exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Issue with two turbo mufflers is the location. They would be rather easy to damage offroading and you would need to do some custom welding/brackets to support them and the exhaust tips.

I am hoping something like the two ford resonators of MRBP units infront of the SW resonator muffler might cut it down a little. I am just worried when I bolt on a Whipple its going to be too much and the drone will be worse.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Issue with two turbo mufflers is the location. They would be rather easy to damage offroading and you would need to do some custom welding/brackets to support them and the exhaust tips.

I am hoping something like the two ford resonators of MRBP units infront of the SW resonator muffler might cut it down a little. I am just worried when I bolt on a Whipple its going to be too much and the drone will be worse.

Right. There are plenty of 2/2 muffler options out there that will require little or no modification I'd rather see him stick with SW. At least it's a fairly predictable result. The only other idea would be using a C/C muffler with 2 Y pipes but I'm just thinking out loud. The 2 Turbo Chambered would require some finesse.

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm familiar with the setup, and yes the resonator muffler they use is 2 in 2 out and unlike any of their other mufflers off the shelf.

I was suggesting using (2) Turbo Chambered mufflers with some slight modification to the pipe if wanting to stick with SW products.

Otherwise, a "chambered" muffler in the traditional sense (e.g. Flowmaster, Magnaflow XL) would be the absolute worst choice to reduce drone and sound level.

I misunderstood that you were talking about two mufflers as well. I don't really care about the sound level so much as the way it actually sounds. I dont mind loud, but I do not like the rasp I have right now.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Right. There are plenty of 2/2 muffler options out there that will require little or no modification I'd rather see him stick with SW. At least it's a fairly predictable result. The only other idea would be using a C/C muffler with 2 Y pipes but I'm just thinking out loud. The 2 Turbo Chambered would require some finesse.

I have no issue sticking with SW or even going with someone else, but right now SW told me themselves they do not have a viable solution at this moment. They told me not to do the 2 muffler system and to call back in a week or so as they are working on the issue now.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does SW have an offset chambered option? Offset in offset out on the same side would allow the muffler to go up and be out of the way. Could be done with the dual y pipe or get two mufflers and do it. A modified hanger would be needed though.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gotexhaust Does Corsa sell just mufflers yet? That would be great to install a Corsa muffler in there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I like your thinking, but no they don't.

Does SW have an offset chambered option? Offset in offset out on the same side would allow the muffler to go up and be out of the way. Could be done with the dual y pipe or get two mufflers and do it. A modified hanger would be needed though.

Yes they do have same side O/O Turbo Chambered mufflers. That's what I was getting at. They have various inlet/outlet combinations for anyone willing to get creative.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about a Borla muffler? I haven't had a second to install my system yet. I'm not a fan of rasp either but maybe mine being all ceramic coated might sound different? I don't know and won't know until I install it. If the rasp sucks, I'll be swapping out the muffler as well.

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about a Borla muffler? I haven't had a second to install my system yet. I'm not a fan of rasp either but maybe mine being all ceramic coated might sound different? I don't know and won't know until I install it. If the rasp sucks, I'll be swapping out the muffler as well.

there is a slight rasp but i dont think its too raspy. i ran a borla XR-1 before headers and was not impressed at all, then i went to a magnapack which sounded pretty good. that would be an option with an x-pipe before it but then it would still drone im sure