Best video option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
suction cup mount will work, but, the stick on go-pro mount up at the top of the windshield is ideal. They’re cheap on amazon, and you can get several. Just alcohol wipe the area - I have mine just to the left of the funky mirror shading, just to the right of the driver’s sun visor. This will cinch down much more stable than the suction cup mount.

bring a LONG power cord and cigarette adapter or plug adapter, because you will kill a GoPro battery in about 48 minutes. Buy a couple of the largest --gopro approved-- micro sd cards. Make damn sure they work, before you go. Just because they’re on the approved list, doesn’t mean your GoPro will work with them. I have 3 cards, all work great in the hero 4 black, but one does not work in the hero5 black. Gopro support is ... well, frustrating, if I’m being charitable. If you get an SD card, make your you are able to fill it up at least twice without the camera shutting down spontaneously. Gopro will tell you to reformat, then retry, then reinstall the software on the camera, retry, use lower resolution, retry and, by the time you complete all the steps they automatically close your case. I’ve had to return 3 go pros for this, and the ones I have now only spontaneously restart periodically.

If they do shut down, I’d pull the SD card and try another. If that car gets through 2x filling it up, take it to R/A. Send back any that don’t pass filling it 2x.

good luck!

OP
OP
N

northerner77

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I have been looking at their new models. I’m hoping some of the bugs are worked out. Ugh.