GEN 2 Best tow Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 on 5* performance/tow tune, 1 towing-safe tune, no switching back and forth I put 80k miles on one on my EB Expedition. Plus you can purchase a full drivetrain warranty up to 100k miles.

Visit Stage3motorsports for info, graphs, etc.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn’t gearhead offering a tow & perfomance tune you can switch between? Also- I like that they auto adjust for octane, don’t have to be worried about bad gas or being somewhere you can’t get 91-93

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem as you and tow a boat and don’t want to be bothered with changing the tune every time. I have the nguage and went with the MPT 93 Tow tune (I have the trans tune and the non trans tune). I have driven with this tune for close to 20k miles and not had any issues at all. I drive with the non trans tune. I pull a 21’ Contender which probably has a total weight of 4,500-5,000 pounds. I also have 37s but no other hp mods.

9C9EB440-FEB2-49BB-BCF1-65D18E658F82.jpeg

OP
OP
Cody Soele

Cody Soele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem as you and tow a boat and don’t want to be bothered with changing the tune every time. I have the nguage and went with the MPT 93 Tow tune (I have the trans tune and the non trans tune). I have driven with this tune for close to 20k miles and not had any issues at all. I drive with the non trans tune. I pull a 21’ Contender which probably has a total weight of 4,500-5,000 pounds. I also have 37s but no other hp mods.

View attachment 128856

Aprox how many hp is that tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRPRACING

Reaction score
Isn’t gearhead offering a tow & perfomance tune you can switch between? Also- I like that they auto adjust for octane, don’t have to be worried about bad gas or being somewhere you can’t get 91-93
Yes they do offer a performance and tow safe. They both work great. But there were some instances where 5* had the advantage. Theyre also definitely on the conservative side when it comes to tuning. They leave a big blanket of safety if your gas quality is not the best. 5* actually has a single adaptive tune that is tow safe yet very powerful.