MPT tune recommendation needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remember take it easy the first few times out until it re-learns, shifts will be nicer later
How long would you say? Like, the first 2-3 drives, where I’ve got multiple stops/starts (traffic lights, etc), just take it easy for those times? Maybe 15-20 stops/starts? Would that be enough for it to re-learn?

Also, I assume that applies to each time I change to a new tune, right?

Frank R

Reaction score
MPT told me the first day or so, even driving easy you can tell the difference so it wont be to bad to wait, just put in a 170 thermo so I am in gentle mode again too after retune, so yes every time, what I mean by gentle is no drag race off a light, you can still kick it if you have to

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference between drag racing off the line and “kicking it”? I’m not sure what kicking it means. Haha

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if these means that the tune essentially overwrites the "normal" mode, then any of the mode changes would just be modifications to that "normal". After reading what the PR-X 93 tune does though i can't imagine switching it the Sport would be a good thing to do! Would love to hear from anyone who has these already done on how it actually works, otherwise it looks like @Ski4Ever and I will need to keep this thread up to date as we learn!

when i first got mpt tunes i personally didnt like the super responce throttle, since it would feel the same if i would press the throttle a qaurter of the way down or all the way and it felt teh same, so i asked for linear throttle maps, and if i wanted it to be super touchy again i just go to sport mode. i don think theres much of a difference in sport mode with having a none linear map except for it keeping the rpms higher for longer periods of time before shifting.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding taking it easy each time you change tunes, is that something you should do EVERY time you change tunes, even if it's a tune you've already run before? For example, if you download tune A, let it get adjusted, and run it for a while, then switch to tune B and run it for a while, do you need to "take it easy" again with tune A if you switch back to it again?

Frank R

Reaction score
it erases old tune and memory everytime you switch, you want to get in and just "drive it" go ahead and see how it runs, if it gets choppy in shifting just re-load and memory disappears and start fresh again "magic eraser"

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of positive feedback on MPT tunes for Gen 2 raptors. I'm considering it for my 2019, 2k miles on it at this point. My question is, what are the negatives to consider? Any bad experiences to be cautious of and any reason NOT to get a tune from MPT on the ecoboost?

Appreciate the feedback!

Frank R

Reaction score
had mine since march, no issues, just had update for smoother 1-2 shift and 170 thermo update at no charge, when I researched tunes there were several owners that have had MPT for years with no issues.