Best startup Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tune, mid perch, Headers and exhaust(expensive), lights. Just picked mine up today after getting supercharger. Awesome, but stupid expensive. try mid-perch, I personally thinks it is the first mod anyone should. To me it looks better and rides better. I agree with the zboater, the tune is fairly cheap and you will see results. Call Mike at 5-star. You are just starting the fun of spending money on this truck!

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First mods were led bars for me..

Then some members at TRR suggested bumpstop, SDHQ power steering reservoir and cooler, and mid perch.

RAPTORSVT13

Reaction score
perch mod really doesn't make a difference for the amount a time it takes ... right it's more for astetics

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perch mod really doesn't make a difference for the amount a time it takes ... right it's more for astetics

I'd do it again if it took twice as long. Aesthetics, no brake dive, better cornering. It's actually a very easy mod to do unless you've been through a few winters of salt and corrosion.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stang is right. Mid-perch is a must. Tune is a must. CAI just sounds a little better and maybe gives you a hint of hp increase(debatable). Tune and mid should be around $600 total. Truck will drive better(acceleration, shift points, throttle response), and ride better(no nose dive braking, looks level, corner better). Lights are a great way to enhance the functionality and looks of the front of the truck. But they can be pricey. Two sets of fogs and the 20 inch bar in the license plate hole are great. Ford made room for all these additions with no real changing of the bumper or grill. Looks very cool IMO. I think my total was $1200 for lights plus install. Hood wraps also really enhance the front of the truck and are not too expensive. Check design n signs. I think mine was $300. So far under 1k you can do perch, tune and wrap. I did the CAI as well, only another $300ish.

Meyercord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid perch
Wheels
Rpg stage 2 with deaver +2s
Mbrp cat back
Afe intake
Just need a tune, drop shackles and 3.0s now!
Is the order I did things. Not including little stuff like led lights etc.