Best Rust-proofing options?

Which rust proofing is better?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuprSeb

Reaction score
I lived in Canada and use my 2013 truck as daily in salty roads. I've used Krown the first 5 years and switched to Woolwax. Shoot it myself as I have a hoist and after 10 years, it's now showing minimum rust. They also offer a black product that I started using the last couple of years. I'm currently waiting for my G3 37.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A big fan of WoolWax. I'm on my 3rd year and it's doing great. I had a shop do it. It was a 3 day job. Pressure wash everything to prep it, mask all the bodywork, wheels, etc. Spray 2nd day. Let it set up for a day before pick up. They did the inside of my entire frame and hitch, a super thorough job. Just be careful of the shop you pick. The first 2 were repair shops doing this on the side. They do their work outside! The first guy told me my truck was too new to have it done, bring it back when it's older, because the whole truck would be completely covered in the product when he was done! Second guy was just as goofy. The third guy, the guy that I had do it, was a body/resto shop who were very an al. My kind of guy!

Last edited:

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A big fan of WoolWax. I'm on my 3rd year and it's doing great. I had a shop do it. It was a 3 day job. Pressure wash everything to prep it, mask all the bodywork, wheels, etc. Spray 2nd day. Let it dry for a day before pick up. They did the inside of my entire frame and hitch, a super thorough job. Just be careful of the shop you pick. The first 2 were repair shops doing this on the side. They do their work outside! The first guy told me my truck was too new to have it done, bring it back when it's older, because the whole truck would be completely covered in the product when he was done! Second guy was just as goofy. The third guy, the guy that I had do it, was a body/resto shop who were very ****. My kind of guy!
This sounds like the way to go if you’re paying to have it done. I’d rather rust proof myself and not have to have any down time letting it cure. Especially if you have to reapply every year. That’s why l like fluidfilm. A lot less “forgiving “ I’ll say ? No cure/ down time , soooo cheap to do it yourself , the undercoating gun is pretty precise so no over spray if you’re not being an idiot about it. It lasts more than enough through the winter and reapply again in the fall. Takes less than 45min.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frame and some underneath parts paint/traitement factory is too light , not only Ford, so have begun to protect it too ! Better to work on it before rust come to much...

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with fluid film. Super cheap, took 30 minutes to apply and sprays off with a pressure washer in the summer if I ever want to easily remove it
Just don't do what I did last fall. I touched up the a-arms and surrounding area with a spray can of the Wool Wax. About a week later I was doing an oil change and a few other things underneath my truck. I bumped my head twice on the a-arms when I was underneath there, didn't think anything of it. I'm back in the house later and felt something odd on the back of my head. As I'm feeling around, I'm trying to figure out wtf this gooey crap is on the back of my head? After about 10 seconds my lightning-fast brain figured out what it was. :893karatesmiley-thu:banghead: At least it washes out with regular shampoo! :Big Laugh: