Underbody Rust - New ‘20 Raptor

Underbody Surface Rust on new truck. Acceptable? Should the dealer resolve?

• Yes - acceptable. Deal with it yourself...

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No - not acceptable. Have the dealer resolve immediately!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TXRaaptor

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Appreciate all the feedback gents. Ordered Rust-Oleum and Fluid Film and will see how it looks after that

In the mean-time I’ll keep the heated blankets, diff pillows and lavender oil at the ready ;-)

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new 19 had the same. Just a few spots on the rear axle. I treated with fluid film. When it warms up next year and after the fluid film has worn off for the season, I may touch it up as @Oldfart suggested. I just effin hate rust. It should not be present on a new truck. And in the south where we don't get salt on the roads, it's easily preventable.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used POR-15 on a Jeep I used to own, and it was absolutely awesome. If you follow the prep instructions to the letter, it turns a rusty surface into a black, glossy surface and the coating has epoxy-like thickness and hardness. For more serious rust conversion, it's my go-to.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Best to change every year gets rid of rust and all Ford issues. 2018 Oxford had clunk, 2019 Oxford had torsion rod and auto start and engine going. 2020 Rapid Red too new to rate. At least, I get another shot at Raptor Assault School.

Raptor Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used POR-15 on a Jeep I used to own, and it was absolutely awesome. If you follow the prep instructions to the letter, it turns a rusty surface into a black, glossy surface and the coating has epoxy-like thickness and hardness. For more serious rust conversion, it's my go-to.
Corroseal doesn't require any prep...just apply and looks like it is painted black....Don't get me wrong the more you "prep" the better but not necessary . My Dad turned me on to it years ago...and you know how old folks advice is...usually spot on