Bought a Gen 1, but for a reason you might not expect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
"snow mexicans, I like it. Cool, I'll have to get in touch with them if they're nearby. I'd love to pick their brains about the baja, it's about as badass as it gets.

if you see a 4 linked, caged black gen1 with big king shocks cruising around your hood in a couple of months with "sno mex" on the plate ( I dared him to do it). that would be Neils.

OP
OP
NathanA

NathanA

Reaction score
if you see a 4 linked, caged black gen1 with big king shocks cruising around your hood in a couple of months with "sno mex" on the plate ( I dared him to do it). that would be Neils.

Lol sounds like I can't miss it. I'll keep an eye out for a baja looking truck rolling around the streets of Penticton.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like all the pictures except the first two, they had some ugly dude blocking the truck...har har har!

Welcome to the Gen 1, the best of the best...

Nice buy and welcome to FRF!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s pretty cool man good story & good luck! Bet this thing will last a long time for ya!!

OP
OP
NathanA

NathanA

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. Any future mods in mind?

Nothing crazy, I like the idea of a mostly stock truck. I've already got a couple of 4" bars on my headache rack facing rearward that need to be wired up, and I've already moved the shocks to the mid-perch position to level the truck out. Not only did it level it out perfectly, it stiffened up the front just enough to significantly reduce body roll while taking turns at normal speed around town. I'm surprised how comfortable the front of the truck still is without being too stiff.

I wanna keep it simple and go with the fairly standard stuff like an exhaust that sounds good but not too loud and doesn't drone in the cab (Corsa Sport anyone?), an intake, and I'm liking the idea of a throttle controller like Pedal Commander. I need something to do away with those dead pedal blues...

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple keeps potential issues minimal. Seems like a good plan from where I sit. I my truck had the mid perch mount available. Would save me alot of money in the long haul.
Try sport mode to see if that helps with acceleration.