Best jump geometry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine one week ago, was wondering what shape of jump is best to land all 4 wheels at once.I want to get a few pics, but don't want to nosedive it.I'm thinking a long incline with shorter dropoff or up then flat.I jumped a raised railroad track in a '77 f-150 when I was in high school, almost bounced out the window when I landed. I'd like to redeem myself. Any suggestions would appreciated.

Great advise from Dan. Drive the truck as mush as you can in the dirt and learn how it drives at higher speeds while off road. Also depending on how your truck is set up the truck will work differently off road and jumping. Once you feel comfortable and want to try to jump your Raptor try to find something that will project you evenly in to the air with a rolling apex on the incline and an even longer decline on the landing. By all means stay away from the incline kickers and short landing jumps. Once you think you have found what you are looking for roll the jump at a very slow speed and gradually go faster and get a feel for the jump and how the truck is reacting. If you feel the truck starting land front wheels first after a few faster attempts I would suggest not hitting it any more. The landing should be all 4 wheels and at speed or what I call 60/40 landings meaning the truck can land front wheels first but the rear wheels are also landing just a second after the front you never want have that motor cycle feeling of “endo-ing” (going nose over). You also never want to feel the truck bottoming out or going to full compression on the front or the rear. The best thing I tell every one on our Outlaw Raptor Run’s is “ you have a truck rally car not a trophy truck so look after it and it will look after you” I hope this helps. Cg

Banned
Reaction score
Yup. Everyone has hit the nail on the head. Get to know it and eventually you will just know. It's some kind of magical force. You just know haha.

Same goes for anything. Quads, dirt bikes, snowmobiles hell even pogo sticks. You gotta et used to it, then eventually it just comes natural.

-Sent from my iPhone

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get to know your truck, is the first and utmost important.

Then once you are comfortble attend a raptor roundup or outlaw raptor run.

From my personal experience a tabletop jump like at raptor round up is about perfect.

-Greg

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great advise from Dan. Drive the truck as mush as you can in the dirt and learn how it drives at higher speeds while off road. Also depending on how your truck is set up the truck will work differently off road and jumping. Once you feel comfortable and want to try to jump your Raptor try to find something that will project you evenly in to the air with a rolling apex on the incline and an even longer decline on the landing. By all means stay away from the incline kickers and short landing jumps. Once you think you have found what you are looking for roll the jump at a very slow speed and gradually go faster and get a feel for the jump and how the truck is reacting. If you feel the truck starting land front wheels first after a few faster attempts I would suggest not hitting it any more. The landing should be all 4 wheels and at speed or what I call 60/40 landings meaning the truck can land front wheels first but the rear wheels are also landing just a second after the front you never want have that motor cycle feeling of “endo-ing” (going nose over). You also never want to feel the truck bottoming out or going to full compression on the front or the rear. The best thing I tell every one on our Outlaw Raptor Run’s is “ you have a truck rally car not a trophy truck so look after it and it will look after you” I hope this helps. Cg

Great info. I should have read that before I took mine out and dented the shit out of my skid plate. Lesson learned.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Everyone has hit the nail on the head. Get to know it and eventually you will just know. It's some kind of magical force. You just know haha.

Same goes for anything. Quads, dirt bikes, snowmobiles hell even pogo sticks. You gotta et used to it, then eventually it just comes natural.

-Sent from my iPhone

a pogo stick darn near killed me