bent steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gcracker

Reaction score
Ive got a 2104 SCREW I purchased new. approximately 1 month ago I noticed the top 1/3rd of the steering wheel has bent forward. Ford is only will to pay $200 of the $700 cost. Has anyone else had or seen a steering wheel do this? and does that amount seem accurate, I figured they would cover the entice cost since this is defective in some way.
Thanks all!

IMG_5239.jpg

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only seen that happen one other time... Question for you. Are you a big guy that uses the steering wheel as a grab handle getting in and out of the truck?

I had a friend who was huge. Lot of muscle but a little overweight... He looked like one of those guys that does strong man competitions. He did that and warped his Silverado HD steering wheel.

OP
OP
G

Gcracker

Reaction score
definitely not the case with me. Im athletic 165lbs and have no issues hopping in and out of the cab. I think the sun/heat just warped it. but if thats the case this should be a common occurrence. I live in the NE US where we dont get blazing heat.

OP
OP
G

Gcracker

Reaction score
thanks for that! I dont know if i want to try changing out an airbag on my own though and for an extra 100 ford will do it. I hope to hear back from the dealership soon. they were trying to get in touch with a customer service manager. the only way they would let me contact CS manager at ford HQ was by mailing a letter and hope to get a response. ill keep you guys up to date when I get an answer.

D

Deleted member 12951

My steering wheel top is bent but the other way. You can push it back as I was able to straighten mine out.