Bent Frame:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Flaltlander1414

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes inherent loss of value will be a good playing card. Thanks for the suggestion!

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I was planning on a procharger, long travel suspension , and a full cage. Oh well. Now maybe I can get those a/c seats if it gets totaled. I guess there's a positive in everything!

achiro

Reaction score
My father was hit hard at a stop light...over 20K in repairs and it still drove bad. Demand it be totaled, or get an attorney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
Total that thing out. As much as it hurts to do so it'll never be the same. U will bounce and swerve and have noises in places u never knew were there

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wait till you go to sell it down the road, the carfax will show major damage, frame repairs, etc. and people will run from that truck like the plague! That will TANK the resale value. Even if you don't plan on selling it, don't let the insurance have that in their benefit. As far as they're concerned you could sell it as soon as it was repaired and it'll be worth a ton less than it was prior to the accident. That's no minor deer hit. Push for the diminished value to help towards the total.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diminished value is typically paid when you are in accident with another vehicle and you are not at fault. The other parties insurance company pays the value reduction. It's 'possible' to get diminished value for a single party accident but not probable.

If you are put in a situation where the truck won't be totaled, find a shop that can handle a project of that magnitude. Regardless of what your provider says, they do not dictate what shop you use.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's up to the body shop to convince the adjuster that there is more damage to the truck than can been seen and truck will keep coming back for repairs costing more than a total.
The way you hit the front there will be drive train issues.

I would look at the report and estimates the body shop wrote up and make sure they have done a professional write up. Then call the adjuster yourself and see where you stand.

Last edited: