Bent Frame:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe he is driving a new raptor and checked out of here. or licking his wounds while the body shop does their thing. hope it is the first one.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jarrett from RPG replaced his frame, fully caged it, LT suspension. Thing is a beast! But I agree it should be totaled first then go nuts!

Crazy thing is the frame costs less than the tailgate! I think it was around $2300

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow how do you happen to know off hand how much the replacement frame cost? not the hard way i hope.

Crazy thing is the frame costs less than the tailgate! I think it was around $2300[/QUOTE]

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just hard to total a $45kish (market value) truck for a frame swap.

I know a thing or two about the body shop biz and frame replacements aren't uncommon. Especially on higher value vehicles.

I know this isn't the popular response but just my opinion regarding the reality of the situation.

Resale is dead on this truck if they do not total it. 9 out of 10 buyers will run from it as will most dealers..

OP
OP
Flaltlander1414

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so the SCREW has been at the shop for a while now. Original estimate for damage was $21000. with an open ticket for anymore damage found. They absolutely wouldn't Total it. Diminished value does not apply in California unfortunately. I am confident in the shops ability to fix it. The insurance adjuster said they will leave a lifetime open ticket if anything else is found related to the accident. The shop guarantees all of there work for a lifetime as well. I am getting a lot of upgraded parts in place of the stock ones which is awesome. New ADD stealth bumper, Boatec Fender and liners w/paint, national springs, Rpg bump stop, which is all paid by insurance. The frame cost was $6800 with labor. Insurance is even giving me money for 2 new tires. The camber was off while i was driving it after the accident and it wore the inside of the tires down a little. I have $2800 left over because all the aftermarket stuff was cheaper than the stock parts. I have some bi-xenon projectors I will be installing once I get the truck. I hope the truck turns out ok. I do plan on having this truck for a lifetime. I had my last F150 for 12 years. Let me know your thoughts guys

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o.k. now the die is set. Its on you to run herd on this and make sure the repairs are preformed to your satisfaction.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, so the SCREW has been at the shop for a while now. Original estimate for damage was $21000. with an open ticket for anymore damage found. They absolutely wouldn't Total it. Diminished value does not apply in California unfortunately. I am confident in the shops ability to fix it. The insurance adjuster said they will leave a lifetime open ticket if anything else is found related to the accident. The shop guarantees all of there work for a lifetime as well. I am getting a lot of upgraded parts in place of the stock ones which is awesome. New ADD stealth bumper, Boatec Fender and liners w/paint, national springs, Rpg bump stop, which is all paid by insurance. The frame cost was $6800 with labor. Insurance is even giving me money for 2 new tires. The camber was off while i was driving it after the accident and it wore the inside of the tires down a little. I have $2800 left over because all the aftermarket stuff was cheaper than the stock parts. I have some bi-xenon projectors I will be installing once I get the truck. I hope the truck turns out ok. I do plan on having this truck for a lifetime. I had my last F150 for 12 years. Let me know your thoughts guys

BEing that you are in Roseville, my good friend manages a body shop, a really good body shop...let me know if you want him to take a look at it.

Walt Stickel Body And Frame Shop Inc. - Home ask for Josh and tell him Jeff sent you.

OP
OP
Flaltlander1414

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Vanilla. About 90% of the work is done. Were just waiting on a few parts to arrive for the truck to be done. If I need anything else I will give them a shout.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Yes wanderfalk, I will run the crap out of this truck. I plan on taking it to Prairie city offroad park the second I leave the shop. I will be sure to test it to the max. I ran the truck quite a bit at the offroad park, so i Know what the truck could do before, well see

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll have to come out to our next run. Look for RDC on facebook. Raptor Dirt Crew, we are planning and post all kinds of stuff there. Check out Bigge50, he has the link in his signature. Hope to see you out on a run soon.