Bent Frame:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I hit a deer 2 months ago. I ended up go off road because of the deer getting wrapped up in the wheel. It made the truck turn off road. The damage is quite severe. The truck jumped about 10 feet in the air and landed on a rock on the underside of the front skid plate. It hit hard enough to bend the entire front end of the frame up 6" or so. I have finally gotten around to taking it to an autobody shop. I got a call today saying the frame is bent beyond repair in the front. They want to swap a new frame on the truck, along with a bunch of other repairs. They have the damage estimate right now is at $23k, without any look at suspension parts. Have any of you swapped a new frame on a raptor. Did it turn out ok? Would you recommend doing this or trying to total it out. I will have a list of all damage estimates tomorrow. I'm just wondering if this is a good option for my truck.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since you bent the front section of the frame, there's a lot more to be damaged with the movement of it, I think you might wanna try to get it totalled out and get a new raptor

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
In my dumb opinion, get it totaled, get an attorney to force the insurance co to total it if required.

Not an expert, but would imagine the entire driveline took significant damage as a result of that. Everything on that truck is cracked or bent in some capacity, and they'll let you be the one to find out how badly and where when they hand it back to you.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a member here who topped $24K after hitting a deer, and that didn't involve a frame replacement, so I think this est is a bit low.
If it was mine, I would want it totaled, unless this shop is super picky & you can supervise the repair, this truck is going to be plagued with issues forever.