Bed divider / partition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory bed extender that works great to keep small loads in place at the rear of the bed.

The ratcheting pressure pole works good too. I have 2 of those from my old Colorado.

Last edited:

Raptvette

Reaction score
IMG_0871.jpg I got a 2x4 and drilled a few 1-1/4" holes into it (so I can strap items to it). Then I got a 2x6 and drilled a few 2-1/2" holes into it. I also added some handles (cabinet handles) to the 2x6. Then I had these board sprayed with Line-X. I used two boards because they're easier to remove and put back in. It blends in really nice with my Line-X spray liner. IMG_0871.jpg

Raptor3279

Reaction score
I bought the factory bed extender. It installed in 10 minutes and works great to keep cargo net the tailgate. I love that it folds out of the way when not in use.

Lasercat

Reaction score
An alternate option would be to get a rubber bed mat. I have one in my truck and I love it. Not only does my gear not slide around, it also cushions and protects the bed from the gear and vice-versa.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a cargo bar for a few months. When I had items of different height somethings shoot under or over it and be rolling around when turning corners.
I just bit the bullet and bought Fords. It has worked very well to keep things in place. Plus, it fills the space almost completely and is jet black, with the tonneau cover over it I can hide stuff on the other side and it is not visible.

EDIT. I bought the bed divider

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m using an extender for this purpose like a few others are. Works great and has the advantage of being able to be used as an extender, which I’ve only done once. Also has the advantage of easily folding away and locking to the sides to give you access to the entire bed, provided you get the folding one and not the one piece. It’s a bit more expensive but far more versatile.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed extender is a Great solution as others have said it serves as a divider and an extension.

I used mine the weekend hauling furniture. Works Great and folds away nicely and you don't have to keep up with a extra device for a divider.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a cargo bar for a few months. When I had items of different height somethings shoot under or over it and be rolling around when turning corners.
I just bit the bullet and bought Fords. It has worked very well to keep things in place. Plus, it fills the space almost completely and is jet black, with the tonneau cover over it I can hide stuff on the other side and it is visible.
Yea, thats why I had to have 2 bars for the Colorado. The bed extender is definetely the better option. I use mine all the time. I have carried a full load of plants several times onto the tailgate no problem. Helps make up for the short bed. Lots of tie down points on the bed extenders too. The Ford ones have a pin and 2 locks that hold them in place solidly when in extended mode.