GEN 2 Beadlock Install on Cooper STT Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faze Star

Reaction score
I just got my bead locks installed on my raptor and I like how they flush about 1 inch out!
I also changed the tires to Cooper STT Pro since I only use my truck for off-road trips and never really drive it on the road unless its the way to the dunes.

The Coopers are very LOUD, heavy steering vibrations and I feel the tires keep on scrapping Im not sure on what which is annoying. The ride is terrible and steering is much heaver with the Coopers than the stock KO2s.

I am wondering if this is an issue with the beadlocks and I had them installed incorrectly or this is just the aggressive Cooper tires.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I had them installed backwards since I didn't like how the letters on the tires were painted blue.

IMG_4259.jpeg IMG_4259.jpeg IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4265.jpeg

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang they look like perfect fitment. I didn't realize the beadlocks put the tire profile out further by that much.

OP
OP
Faze Star

Faze Star

Reaction score
Dang they look like perfect fitment. I didn't realize the beadlocks put the tire profile out further by that much.

Looks much better in person! It looks good since the tire doesn't sit on the wheel. The tire sits outside the wheel while the bead clamps on top.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the 37" and they were great! Just too big without glass fenders/bedsides. They rode outstanding, way way better than my toyo m/t - helped that they were "d" rated and extra sidewall from 37". I would think they should be really nice, but not really fair to compare to stock ko2.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had them balanced when I installed them, will take the car back to check again.
I don’t assume that the ring affects the ride quality in any way?
Make sure they road force balance the tires if you want them to be perfectly balanced.