battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just picked up my 23 ,ive put 25 miles on it ,battery readout in dash ,mostly runs at 12.5 driving is this normal sometimes 13 , my 19 use to be 14.5 . different system ?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Do you have a volt meter? Any aftermarket equipment? Driving with headlights on? Pro power? Need more information.

Edit: does the truck sit a lot?

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no just picked it up this afternoon .no pro power ,I do have a volt meter ,im just wondering if the readout in the dash ia a system voltage reading not a battery voltage reading

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Check with a volt meter but the battery might have been low. It should charge up with a 30+ min drive, not idle time. If you drive it around for awhile and the meter still says 12v swing by the dealership.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
14.5V indicates that the system was trying to compensate for a discharged battery. Normal system voltage is in the 12-13V range. The PCM controls charging strategy; if desired doesn’t match actual it will set a DTC and a warning message. So you have no issue.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14.5V indicates that the system was trying to compensate for a discharged battery. Normal system voltage is in the 12-13V range. The PCM controls charging strategy; if desired doesn’t match actual it will set a DTC and a warning message. So you have no issue.
ok , so truck running /driving 12-13 volts is normal