Battery replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 and I installed an Odyssey 65-PC1750T 5.5 years/just under 100k miles.

HB
My 2013 Screw OEM Motorcraft Battery is starting to fail. I had to jump start my Raptor last week and this week. I only left the key in accessory no longer than 15 minutes. So much for waiting till Black Friday November to buy a new battery. It was a good run on the OEM battery-
6 years and change.

I plan on purchasing an
Odyssey 65- PC1750T.

I have 2 questions
1. Any leads on where I can get a little discount?
2. This is a Direct-Fit without any modifications?

Thankyou in advance

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps in 2016 I paid $276 shipped to the house from 4wheelparts.com

It was the best deal I could find. It seemed some of the other guys got it cheaper.
Absolutely love this battery and have ultimate confidence in it. Perform maintenance on it by letting it sit on a Deltran Battery tender once a month.
I’m glad to get away from OEM Motorcraft as I have had a few in my 03 Cobra fail after a year or 2. Made me scared I would be stranded in the boonies in the Raptor.

This is the battery I bought!
2. Direct Fit with no modification needed.

Extreme Series Battery
Part # ODY65-PC1750T

Hope this helps.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps in 2016 I paid $276 shipped to the house from 4wheelparts.com

It was the best deal I could find. It seemed some of the other guys got it cheaper.
Absolutely love this battery and have ultimate confidence in it. Perform maintenance on it by letting it sit on a Deltran Battery tender once a month.
I’m glad to get away from OEM Motorcraft as I have had a few in my 03 Cobra fail after a year or 2. Made me scared I would be stranded in the boonies in the Raptor.

This is the battery I bought!
2. Direct Fit with no modification needed.

Extreme Series Battery
Part # ODY65-PC1750T

Hope this helps.
Thankyou 03Cobra lol
I will try to work the folks at 4wheelparts

Yea I made up my mind and Odyssey is my choice

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 Screw OEM Motorcraft Battery is starting to fail. I had to jump start my Raptor last week and this week. I only left the key in accessory no longer than 15 minutes. So much for waiting till Black Friday November to buy a new battery. It was a good run on the OEM battery-
6 years and change.

I plan on purchasing an
Odyssey 65- PC1750T.

I have 2 questions
1. Any leads on where I can get a little discount?
2. This is a Direct-Fit without any modifications?

Thankyou in advance

Go back and look at my post (post #188).
I left a number for the 4wheel parts national call center with an agent name, number and ext.
Not sure if he still woks there, but the best they would do was pay the tax and free shipping to my door.
This was a direct fit battery. Modifications are not needed.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back and look at my post (post #188).
I left a number for the 4wheel parts national call center with an agent name, number and ext.
Not sure if he still woks there, but the best they would do was pay the tax and free shipping to my door.
This was a direct fit battery. Modifications are not needed.
Thanks R1... I scored on a good deal today
$180 private party. Prior to purchasing checked with Odyssey manufacture (called customer service) on the Date Code

Still fresh as far as the Manufacture states. Date code could still be found in inventory according to them.

Going to stick it on a trickle charger prior to installing this weekend
20cdd5434ddaab7329cc7b63dcddedbf.jpg7343df25356f05ccb66bcd94cb6af87e.jpg

VADER332

Reaction score
I recently had the local ford dealer replace the battery in my 2014 Raptor with a Motorcraft BXT*65*750. It carries an 8 year warranty pro rated after 3 years. The cost of the battery was $130 plus $10 installation fee, with taxes it was $151.

That is good to see. I have 31000 miles on my 2014. I will probably go back with the BXT-65-750 when this one fails. Thanks for the info.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with an Odyssey
We use them in our Fleet vehicles.
The motorcraft is 50/50. Sometimes you get your monies worth. Ymmv

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Motorcraft in my Mustang went 9 years, until last week. It was a garage queen though and stayed on a tender. Ford no longer sells a group 59 battery tho- so I bought two of the Walmart Everstart Maxx batteries that day. I also had an outside kept daily driver with a group 65 Motorcraft that gave it up after 5 years.

The Everstart Maxx is the best you can get for the money, it's right $100. Walmart also sells a Group 65 AGM for around $150- I'd run that instead of the Odyssey if I bought a new battery for the Raptor again.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is good to see. I have 31000 miles on my 2014. I will probably go back with the BXT-65-750 when this one fails. Thanks for the info.

Motorcraft battery pricing in general is very competitive. I was in a pinch last year and had to purchase an Autozone Duralast battery, and it was well over $150. Complete ripoff.