battery issue maybe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
left my lights on overnight ,battery was drained fully ,I charged up to 50 percent ,took 4 hours ,then the truck started ,I took for a 2 hour ride ,battery voltage went to 14 volts once but mostly stayed at 13 ,and a few times 12.5 ,do u think I hurt the battery ,it use to run at 14.5 no matter what .

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It may take a few charging cycles to recover, but oem batteries don't like being fully drained. If yours is more than a couple years old and out of warranty, I would invest in a new one. If you have a bad habit of leaving things on, I would invest in an AGM battery.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Does your Raptor have BMS? Did you use a voltmeter or you read the Volts in the dash? Is that a Gen2 Raptor or Gen 1?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Mine fully drained once and it never really recovered. The FordPass app kept sending me alerts that it was shutting down services to preserve the battery. I ended up swapping out for a Optima Yellow Top as I run a fridge in the bed.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gen 2 ,it has bms , I check with a voltmeter ,and it matches the dash reading .

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have charged it to quick ,I charged it with a 16 amp charger ,I believe better to charge low and slow

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thread to follow...

I think my battery is the original 78k miles, 2017. Might need to start considering this for the next winter