Barstow to Primm Oct. 16th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
thanks for the pics Brian! that was good times......i talked to the guys in the v8 ranger this morning and they said the tacoma actually crawled back to Baker and called AAA, and the ranger was on the 15 driving home! lol Let me know when you talk to your buddy about mine

When I was able to turn my phone on Mikey had text me saying thanks for helping out and let me know what happened after we left and apologize for his buddy's friends. I guess the Ranger ended up blowing the motor on the way home.

I'm really tired right now so I will give you the short version of what happened

We were up front, we stopped to take a pic of the boat real quick, realized we were missing a truck so we made a stop out of it. After about 30-40 minutes of guys doing donut's the white taco goes back to find him the missing truck that ended up getting a flat. They take forever so knowing there is 3 trucks together that are faster than all of us we get back on the road, 2 hours later we finally get to the hotel, as were walking in to get a drink I get a voice mail from Mikey who was in the Ranger, his voice mail says they rolled, people are hurt and they need help, they have no reception so after 30-40 phone calls later I finally get a ruff Idea where the truck is. 7 of us jump in 3 trucks and make the 70 miles trip back to find them. What I was told was one truck was on its lid and they needed help getting it back over, so when we finally come up onto the accident we see the White Tacoma in a ditch about 15 feet down with the front end torn apart and the ranger now on its wheels about 100 feet back in the same ditch. Sounded like the Ranger had a slow roll, the white taco went past him and he looked over his left shoulder and must have pulled the wheel sending him into the ditch below. We get them sorted out and hit the dirt for a 60 mile night run back into Primm.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I understand the info in your post it sounds like one truck rolled and another truck went off the road and tore the front end up. And people were hurt.

It also sounds like trucks got left behind from the group and no one accounted for them. Apparently it took many phone calls and quite some time to give help to guys that were left 70 miles behind.

If that's what happened well, simply put, that sucks. I hope to never be left behind or part of a group leaving others behind let alone those who are hurt and in need of help. The people I go out with never leave anyone behind and we are sure to always keep track of every vehicle.

When I first read about this trip I had some concerns and it's why I didn't go.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I'm not going to go into full details on why we moved on, but we had very good reasons to keep heading towards Primm. On top of many reasons the 3 trucks left behind were fully caged with 7 people in them that all came together and constantly were falling far behind doing who know's what, none of them were under 25 and perfectly capable of taking care if themselves.

The injurys turned out to be a bump on a head that none of us could see

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry this happened... and I'm glad all the people are OK! :thumbsup: Trucks can be fixed.

(It almost looked like three trucks were involved in the incident from the pics)

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not like we left them behind....it was thier choice to go off and do their own thing. And the second we found out that something had happened we loaded up and went back for them. As for the 3rd truck that got stuck.....that was just funny! not sure why he tried to go down in the spot but it was a good laugh and we had 2 4x4's there so it was no big deal. He even laughed about it!

vegasfergie

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't bag on them for leaving them behind Dan. Sounds like they wanted to do some serious playing, and it didn't turn out so well. They're big boys and you can't expect the entire group to wait around for them if they're doing their own thing. And the other guys stepped up and went in to help them out. That's awesome and good for them! And I'm glad there were no serious injuries. It's different when you're in a small group with same capability trucks and all want to stay together, then I get what you're saying. This doesn't sound like that.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan trust me these guys were on a whole different level. I mean these guys were laughing and still having a good time while their trucks were upside-down! the Yoda in front was only concerned that his 3 good wheels were still clean! lol trust me, these guys werent upset about what happened and we did what we could to help. We were just glad everyone was okay.......trucks can be replaced.