Barstow to Primm Oct. 16th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a good video of what the terrain is like, they did the run on the way to Battle at Primm race last Feb. There will be a bunch of us doing it again next year for this race also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MebDzBeUCwc

Wow that looks like fun, but beyond my offroad experience level (Zero.0) and equipment level (factory stock).

Where is the bunny slope? :tongue:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Factory stock on a Raptor won't be a problem on that...all depends on how fast you want to go. With a low experience level off-road a stock Raptor should be more than enough for you to have a good time and not get beat up.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Wow that looks like fun, but beyond my offroad experience level (Zero.0) and equipment level (factory stock).

Where is the bunny slope? :tongue:
This is the bunny slope
No joke, this trip will be the maiden voyage for quite a few trucks. I'm doing this trip as a 1st run in my Sport Trac so that I can do longer runs like the Mojave trail and Barstow to Vegas.

You might even suprise yourself on how well you do and want to do other runs in the future, but there is no better way to learn than to jump right in
Factory stock on a Raptor won't be a problem on that...all depends on how fast you want to go. With a low experience level off-road a stock Raptor should be more than enough for you to have a good time and not get beat up.
x2

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
This is the bunny slope
No joke, this trip will be the maiden voyage for quite a few trucks. I'm doing this trip as a 1st run in my Sport Trac so that I can do longer runs like the Mojave trail and Barstow to Vegas.

You might even suprise yourself on how well you do and want to do other runs in the future, but there is no better way to learn than to jump right in

x2

I'm def going to go just to see the Sport Trac!!

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...If you are a smart driver you can do this trip in a bone stock truck, so a Raptor is MORE than capable of doing this run...

Ah, I see now. I think I the "smart driver" and "bone stock truck" parts of the post get into my head and "Raptor will be fine" part did not sink in.

Sounds like fun and now I'm very interested. Unless something weird happens (or I get a job), count me in!

How do Jeep CJ's do on this route? I have a buddy with one that may be interested in attending.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I'm def going to go just to see the Sport Trac!!
Then I better make sure that its done in time:)
I did order my rear end and got everything worked out for getting the springs and hangers made. So its getting there.

How do Jeep CJ's do on this route? I have a buddy with one that may be interested in attending.

As long as the CJ can get up to 60-65 on the freeway it shouldn't have any problems. I cant think of 1 stock full size that can't do this trip just by using common sense.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AII, seems like there's got to be something like 30-40 vehicles signed up by now. Any concerns running a group that large out there?

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Not at all, we've done more than that on a 40 mile run in the middle of May with zero problems! You also have to remember that if 40 trucks say they are coming youbwill be lucky to get 25 of those to show! That's why we always try to plan far enough ahead so that people can schedule the trip

I have heard of a few preunner guys that can wait for this trip because of the Raptor guys going, a few of them want to see one run before they buy, so their pretty stoked on this trip

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an e-mail about this, I'm still planning to attend and am looking forward to it!

My buddy with the Jeep is leaving on the same day for a different event/vacation, so that he no longer a potential issue on my end.

During this run, will we be "out in the wild" enough where gunplay will be OK (legal) during breaks, or is that for another place and time??

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I would edit out the last part of your post.

No need to draw attention to this get together or potentially give information out that could possibly be used against us.

There is another section on this board for those questions.