Baofeng or ETekCity UV-5R programming instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just uploaded the file to my radios last night. Had follow RaptorSteves instructions to get the driver to work with the cable and used Slacker's instructions from there. Thanks for sharing this.

Reaction score
I just had to mess with the driver install a bit. Somehow I managed to ONLY install the Vista driver. It worked so no body, no foul. We'll see what the effective range is at the Rausch Creek get together in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't the radio, it is the programming cable which is made by a different company. That and Windows...

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issues were 110% windows related. if I could have done it on a mac I don't think I'd have had any issues at all. The cable loading a driver that it can't use is a pain.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My issues were 110% windows related. if I could have done it on a mac I don't think I'd have had any issues at all. The cable loading a driver that it can't use is a pain.

I tried for several hours to get the cable to run on my Mac, ended up using linux and it worked just fine out of the box.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to only scan certain channels?

ETA: I got this up and running on my iMac within 5-10min. A big thanks for sure!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slacker

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I did some housekeeping and moved the files. I put them back so the links should all work. If one isn't working please tell me which one so I can fix.